XXIII: Anticipated kiss and shyness to dismiss

A/N: I usually don't edit this when I type it. Sorry. :( I'll have a major editing going on on sturday, tho.

~

23

            “Can I break that promise we made the night I was kidnapped?”

            Blake inclined his head to the right in inquiry. “Which promise?”

            Now, this was getting awkward for me. How could I tell him the truth that I just wanted him to kiss me senseless? Yeah, I did. I’d kill for that kiss. But unfortunately, I had no dignity left for this night.

            “Um, you know what? Just forget it.” I took my move and attempted to stand. But Blake had a different idea.

            He grabbed my hand so that I was slumped back to the bench. Seriously! “No. I won’t just forget it. Tell me.”

            I rolled my eyes at him to make it seem like I was not enjoying the touch of his hand. But the truth was, it was sending flying tingles all the way up to the back of my neck. I didn’t know that tingles could fly but to me, they did. “It’s nothing, Blake.”

            “If you tell me that it’s nothing again, I’ll have to kiss you,” he threatened.

            Well…If he said so… “It’s nothing,” I said, my chin tilted up.

            He blinked a few times from shock but recomposed himself quickly. Then, he resorted to a smirk. “Oh. So that’s what you’re playing at, huh? You wanted to kiss me! I remember now! I told you that I’d kiss you senseless if you break your promise!”

            “Shut up,” I muttered, getting redder and redder by the second.

            “You sly, sly girl! I always knew you were a pervert!”

            “Wanting to kiss you doesn’t mean that I am a pervert! Just-Just forget it! I’m going to sleep!” He infuriated me, this stupid guy! I just wanted that one little thing. I mean, would it hurt him to not make fun of me when he completely knew that I was getting embarrassed over this? Really. And I said yes to him already! I was really starting to regret this.

            I stood up ferociously. I didn’t care if that action didn’t make me seem ladylike. But, Blake had a different idea. Again.

            He pulled my arm so when I stumbled back; I was sitting on his lap.

            “Uh-I-Um…” Struggling. I kept struggling away from his grasp. To make me feel more embarrassed and encaged, he snaked his arms around my waist. This was torture. I couldn’t think of how I would be able to save myself from self-explosion.

            He made a ‘tsk’ sound. “Stop squirming. I want to hold you like this. You don’t know how much and how long I wanted to.”

            And just with those simple words, I stopped fighting his arms away. “You’re stupid.”

            I felt him rest the side of his face at the blade of my shoulder. Then, he laughed. “I’m sorry. I can’t help but laugh when you said that.”

            “Even when you know that I am embarrassed and I really really want to stab you with a pitch fork right now.”

            “I know. But princess, I am not Frankenstein. You don’t have to go all angry mob on me,” he reminded me softly.