XIV: Grilled cheese and a sudden kiss

A/N: Warning. Amber's sick in this chapter so she's kind of crazy. She doesn't know what she's doing or what she's saying. Enjoy. :>

~

14

            Someone tore at my shoulders so I flailed my arm towards the person. But he or she didn’t give up and instead, tugged my arm more. My hand turned into a fist. I wanted so much to punch the person who was destroying the beautiful wonder that was sleep.

            Tug.

            What was wrong with this person? I was sleeping!

            Tug, tug.

            Seriously? Stop disturbing!

            Tug, tug, tug.

            Ah! Darn it!

            I sat up quickly, throwing the comforter away. “What is your prob— Ow!” My head hurt as if my brain was prickled with pins so I lied down once more.

            “Amber, what’s wrong?” Blake’s face came into view. Apparently, he was the person who was annoying the hell out of me so early in the morning.

            “I think I’m sick,” I said groggily, breathing in my snot as I did so. Not entirely charming but hey, who could blame me?

            His palm came into contact with my forehead. “Whoa, you’re really hot.”

            “Oh, you little perv! Don’t go around, telling me I’m hot. I’m not even trying!”

            “Wow. Are you really sick or are you just drunk? I meant that literally, princess.”

            “I feel shittier than shit itself.”

            “Amber, I don’t think there’s anything shittier than shit itself.”

            “Poor shit. They always feel like shit. And never given credit for anything they do.”

            He laughed. “Come on. You don’t have to feel sorry for poop. They’re just the way they’re supposed to be.”

            “Did you just say poop?” I grinned.

            “Yes. Yes, I did. Now just lie down and I’ll call for your mom,” he ordered.

            “Yes, master!” I ended the salutation with a two-finger salute.

            I could already imagine him shaking his head at me, entirely amused. When I’m sick, I become half incoherent of what I do and what I say so I sometimes resemble a drunken person. And right now all I could think was, ‘my breath is so warm’.

--§•§--

            “Amber, baby. Wake up, come on,” a familiar voice said.

            “Mommy?” I opened my eyes and my mom was sitting beside me.

            “Yes, baby. Come on, sit up. You fell asleep again.” Mom helped me up, holding a glass of water. Blake was behind her with his arms crossed and his mouth in a frown. “Here. Drink your medicine. I think you have the flu.”

            “Mom, why do baboons have hair on every part of their body except their butts?”

            “Oh, um. Dear, I have no idea. Now drink this up,” she urged.