XXXVII: Badass grandfather and a happy ever after

A/N: Behold the final chapter. Thank you for reading this despite the lack of edit. Thank you so much, everyone!

37

One of the most common dreams that every person had was falling. You dream that you're falling from the sky, falling from the roof, or falling from a rollercoaster. Then, your foot would just jerk and you're suddenly awake.

According to dream psychology, falling in a dream might mean the following: a physical sensation of a drop on blood pressure, a falling of your spirituality, lack of balance or a low self-esteem.

My dream, however, was not just about falling. It consisted of me falling from a cliff and straight down to the ocean, drowning. It means you are feeling something that is kept repressed within you. I woke up because of that, breathing heavily.

"Honey? Oh my God. You're awake!"

My eyelids fluttered and saw Mom smiling at me. "Mom..."

She made a steeple on her mouth with her hands. "Oh honey. I was so worried."

I tried to sit up, but winced at the pain in my stomach. "Ow."

"Careful," she reminded, helping me up. "There you go."

"What happened, Mom?" My voice was husky and I felt stiff.

She sniffed, obviously depressed. "We were looking for you during the party. Then, Ethan comes in, carrying unconscious you in his arms. And we saw Blake too. And I have never been so scared."

"I'm sorry, Mom."

"You know, you should've told us."

"You wouldn't have let me go," I said.

"Yes, we wouldn't."

Then, I remembered Blake. He was shot by Finn. "Where's Blake?"

Mom looked disturbed with what I asked. She was careful not to meet my eyes.

"Mom, where's Blake?" Tears started filling my eyes. Blake couldn't be dead. No, please. Not him.

"Honey..."

I was already weeping now. "Where's Blake?" I hadn't told him that I loved him back. I didn't think I would be able to recover with this loss.

"Why are you crying? I just didn't answer you and you start crying. Blake's inside his room. He's resting," she informed.

"He's not dead?" I asked, the tone of my voice taking up a notch.

She seemed horrified. "Of course not! Amber, how could you say that?!" I let out a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding. He was alive. Shit. He was alive. Everything seemed unimportant next to that information.

"B-But he was-he was shot, wasn't he?"

Mom just smiled. "It would be better if you talk to him, instead."

"I thought he's resting," I muttered, still not over the fact that he was alive.

"Well, that was a few hours ago. I think he's up now too. Are you fine enough to stand? Does your stomach hurt?"

I moved the quilt away from me, struggling to stand. Unexpectedly, my abdomen throbbed when I stretched. There wasn't anything I could do about that, though. I looked at my clothes. I was in my pajamas. "I think I'm okay. Can you please help me to his room?"