Extra Story: His panic and her answer

Hello! I had this saved years ago and I just added a bit to this story. Enjoy!

~

Blake had been hot and cold to me lately. Sometimes, he would hug me from behind and give me a lot of head kisses. Sometimes, he would be absorbed with reading books related to his work. He had recently put up a private protection agency that was actually booming. My father always helped Blake when he encounters hardships on the business. I think he looks at Blake as if he was the son they never had. My mom was no different either. A couple of times before, I arrived home to dad, mom, and Blake having an intimate dinner with candles and flowers on the table. Blake just said, "Am, I thought you'll be home late."

I shrugged it off, thinking that I did say I would be home late. Right now, Blake and I live at his family's house in Maryland. When we finished college, the entire home was ready for us so we both moved in. My parents were okay with our setup as I visit them thrice a week. Blake usually comes with me. They would greet him with more hugs and kisses.

I had been staring at Blake for a while now. I was drinking chamomile tea from my seat at the living room. He was reading a book about Golden Retrievers from the loveseat. We were interested in adopting a dog, hence the book.

Sensing my stare, he looked up at me. "Yes, babe? What's wrong?"

I shrugged. "Nothing. Just wondering something."

"What is it?"

"Are you nervous or something, Blake?" I asked. "You are kind of sweating. Should I turn down the heat?"

He seemed shocked that I noticed. "No need, babe. I'm...alright."

"Okay," I said. I was still bothered. What was he not telling me? We tell each other everything. I was slightly hurt.

Putting down my cup of tea, I went over and sat beside him. He closed his book and smiled sweetly at me. Oh, how I love Blake.

I couldn't help myself. I run my hand through his hair as I kissed him. He kissed me back fiercely. His mouth was like a roller coaster—one minute the kiss was heavy and then, it was soft and sweet. My hands were on the back of his neck while his were on my back, caressing. He unhooked my bra with one hand. This was one of Blake's skills that still impressed me. Our kiss became needy, as if we were years apart. I was already unbuttoning his top as I straddled him. I could feel him growing underneath me. The lust spirals in my head, making me crazy for my beautiful man.

It was then when we heard a loud crash from outside. We both straightened up.

"What was that?" I asked, breathless.

"I don't know. I should check it out." Blake was breathless as I was but his eyes were panicking.

I pouted at him. "Can't we just continue what we were doing?" Good thing I was wearing my best underwear tonight.

"This will be just a second, Am. I promise." He buttoned his shirt and wore shoes before he walked outside the porch. It was already sunset. Orange, blue, and violet colors pass through the windows.

My phone suddenly rang from the coffee table. Blake's face was on the screen.

I put it to my ear. "Blake?"

"Amber, can you please come to the backyard for a bit?"

Strange. "Okay?" Blake's actions today were peculiar. It was making me worry.