XXXIII: Movie night flunk and love drunk

A/N: Three days too late. :( It's getting harder to write this story. However, here it is. :D (NOT PROOF READ)

~

33

            Normally, my Friday nights consisted of movie nights with Blake. But, as all of you knew, we were not together anymore—which was a fact I was still coping up with. For the last seven days, I tried to avoid him as much as possible but that didn’t really work out. We attended the same school. We lived at the same house. And he was still my bodyguard.

            So, yeah, it was kind of awkward. No. Let me change that. It was absolutely, horrifyingly awkward.

            Maddie, Richie and Izza ran out of topics to talk about during lunch time because Blake and I wouldn’t even join the conversation like we used to. When going home, I sat at the back instead of riding shotgun. Blake also didn’t wake me up for school anymore therefore; I had to put up with my alarm clock which sounded like croaking frogs. And a bunch of other things that we did before but couldn’t any further.

            But, even after those adjusted preoccupations, I still caught Blake looking at me like he did before. He studied me with those gray eyes as if nothing had changed though, our actions said otherwise. I wished that he wouldn’t look at me like that. I also wished that he would.

            My heart clenched every time at the thought.

            Back to my Friday nights. I was left alone in this vast bedroom of mine with a television and a DVD that Maddie lent me. You know, she should’ve just watched this movie here with me but no, she decided that sleep was more important than her best friend. Couldn’t say I blame her. I would also choose sleep instead of her every time. No. Actually, I wouldn’t.

            You could say that I wasn’t depressed anymore. Maybe that was because of the fact that my mind had been occupied with pre-engagement affairs and Ethan. Yes, I just said Ethan. Well, Ethan had been a really great friend to me this past week. He took me out for dinners, for drives and just for simple talks. I was hanging out with him a lot lately because if things didn’t work out the way I wanted them to and if the engagement was pursued, at least I’d have someone who understood. I didn’t know if this was what you called giving up. I certainly just didn’t know what I should do now.

            Unfortunately, Ethan couldn’t come because of business matters left at his father’s office. I didn’t want to deprive him of being a son and a future businessman so I let him be. I was also not sure if I could let him enter my room already. I did let Richie in once but, that was for him and Maddie to talk things through. And of course, there was Blake. He was my bodyguard. He was allowed to come in.

            I also invited Richie to watch the movie with me but apparently, he already made plans to attend a high school party that Izza was going to be hosting at her house. That meant I couldn’t invite Izza too. And way back in November, I swore to myself to never attend a high school party again with what happened with Finn. That he raised a gun to my head and I thought that I was going to die. But, Blake came and…I was saved.

            With all that said, Blake was the only one available to watch this awfully mushy movie with me. However, I was not that desperate. So I decided I was going to suck it up and do a movie marathon all by myself.

            It was nearly eleven in the evening when my phone rang. Richie’s face appeared in the screen. “Hello, Rich? What’s up?”