I: The princess and her bodyguard's finesse

This is sort of the opening chapter to the whole story so it's short. It's going to be longer, tho! Heehee. :D There's more to the story. ;))))

~

1

            “Cut this rope this instant, you insolent baboon!”

            I heard Blake sigh beside me and said, “Amber, stop it. It wouldn’t be helpful if you keep on bad mouthing Mr. Kidnapper here.”

            “Hypocrite! You were cursing him an hour ago!”

            “People change, Amber.”

            “Except for you!”

            I heard him sigh once more and I looked sharply at him. Blake Watterson, the guy beside me, was my one-and-only bodyguard which, I might add, was the only profession he sucked at. What kind of bodyguard would be the cause of his employer’s kidnapping? The Blake-kind. Exactly.

            Keeping up a conversation like this was frustrating. I mean, we wouldn’t even be here if it weren’t for the guy beside me. Thank you very much, Blake! Note: There was deep sarcasm somewhere there.

            “Just let us go, you freak!” I shouted at the man standing before me.

            “One more word from you and I swear, I’ll slit your stomach open,” Mr. Kidnapper furiously warned. Psh, like he really would do that.

            “Go ahead! I’m not sca—“

            “Shut the hell up, Amber!” Uh-oh. Now Blake was furious. I obediently did what he told me to do. Rolling my eyes, I kept my face tilted upward like aristocratic women do.

            “My, my. You’re quite the active one now, huh Blake? Not like when you were still doing business with us. Good times, good times.” The man crouched down and smirked at Blake. Not a good idea, dude.

            “I have no intention of joining again, Andrew. So stop forcing me to!”

            “And we have no intentions of letting you in again. It’s just payback for betraying the mafia, Blake.” You heard that right. Blake was an ex-member of the mafia and had quit a year ago.

            “I never betrayed you! I quit because I’ve had enough of your games!”

            “Hello, neither a present nor ex-member of mafia is still here,” I exclaimed.

            “That wasn’t your sole excuse, Watterson.”

            “I swear to God, Andrew. I—“ They ignored me. They both freaking ignored me!

            “Amber McKinley actually exists and is not to be ignored by any kind of person!” I had finally erupted.

            “What? McKinley?” Our kidnapper, Andrew, studied me closely. “You’re the president’s daughter!”

            “Genius,” I muttered sarcastically.

            “You’ve caught a nice one, Blake,” Andrew said while checking me out. Ew.

            Blake just glared at him with no intention of unlocking his jaw.

            “I’ll release you if you give her to me.” What the hell? I was no bargain thingy!