XXX: Desperate explaining and a different feeling

A/N: This chap is dedicated to my friend Shai. She likes make-out scenes. (I do too lol) When we were still in highschool, she recorded the make-out scene in Twilight and showed it to us. HAHA Anyway, I have never written a make-out scene like this one. Hahahahahahaha! I was laughing the entire time I was writing it. XD Here it is. ;)

~

30

            When did my life become such a sick joke? I knew it wasn’t but now, that this big of a deal was happening, I couldn’t help but think what I did wrong. Mistakes were out of the question because everyone makes them. That didn’t make me different in any way. So what changed? Maybe…Maybe I was in sort of a reality TV show. The ones that embarrass you and show the clip to the entire world.

            Except that the President, the First Lady and the Former President were here, along with two strangers. They weren’t the kind to fool someone like me. They were serious.

            I glanced sideward at my parents who were looking back at me with wide-eyes. Tears formed in my eyes. I felt betrayed. I had never felt this ganged up. I thought that I could trust them. I thought that they were the ones who would protect me. But they didn’t. They obviously let this happen.

            My grandfather was talking to the older blond man. I couldn’t understand what they were saying. I couldn’t care less. Grandfather had always been too controlling—which made him a deserving leader of a nation. But, I hadn’t completely grasped that fact. Only now. And I despised it. Everything in me did.

            I gritted my teeth so hard that I became afraid they would break. Standing up from my chair, I grabbed the teddy bear from my side and kicked my office chair aside. “Excuse me,” I said.

            “Amber, take your seat,” Grandfather commanded.

            I almost laughed at him. But instead of doing so, I locked eyes with him and I repeated, “I said excuse me.” I didn’t recognize my voice. It was poisonous, like toxic.

            When I was near the door, my footsteps slowed down. I forgot that Blake was there, listening to our every word. I couldn’t look at him. Afraid that he might see the anger in my eyes. Afraid that I could see the same in his. Instead, I passed him and exited the room completely. Once I was out, I broke off into a run with the enormous bear by my side. No place in this mansion was considered a haven. In fact, only my room was considered a home.

            I ran up the few flights of stairs to the third floor. I wanted to be exhausted. I wanted to be drained out of energy. I wanted to feel worn-out. By that way, I would be too deadbeat to cry, to weep in despair. So that I would be too tired to be angry at everyone who attempted to control my life.

            Breathless, I arrived at the front of my room. My clothes were all crumpled and I was sweaty from all my running. I didn’t care. Slumping face down on the bed with the bear in my embrace, I wept. And wept. And wept.

            I was frustrated with myself. Was my run not enough for me to just pass out? Should I sprint through the six floors of this goddamned mansion? Because I was already tired but, my eyes still weren’t.

            Pass out, I urged myself. Pass out, come on.

            Too bad it wasn’t happening.

            My door creaked open and I didn’t spare it a single glance. I swear, if it were my parents or my grandfather, I’d lock myself inside my bathroom and sleep in the bathtub. The bed sank, signaling another person here. I continued crying until I heard his voice.