XXIV: Moms knowing and some snowing

24

            When you wake up in the morning, you’d know that you had an extremely wonderful dream because you find yourself smiling at everything, especially the ceiling. And when you find the boy you liked beside you—

            What. The. Hell. I forgot that he was still here! I grabbed my newly bought phone from the drawer beside the bed. It said 9:14 AM. Goodness gracious great balls of fire!

            “Blake?!” I shouted at him when he was still obviously asleep. And as much as I wanted to ogle at him as he slept, I needed to wake him up.

            And there went his groaning. He seemed fond of doing that whenever I disturb him.

            “Blake, wake up! My parents might barge in on us any second now!” I shook him violently.

            Okay. We weren’t doing anything wrong. He said last night that he was only going to watch me sleep then go back to his room. But he didn’t. Instead, he stayed here until I pitied him and ordered him to climb into my bed. And now, here we were panicking. Nope, let me change that. And now, here I was panicking that the president and his first lady might see their first daughter sleeping with her bodyguard. Literally.

            “Wake up, Stupid! Do you want to be fired? Or do you want to be thrown into a sea of piranhas?”

            “Why would I be thrown into a sea of piranhas?” Blake mumbled, his words muffled by the pillow. He was staring at me with one eye open and it took everything in me not to hug him right there.

            “Do you wanna be seen with me on the same bed by my dad?” I squeaked.

            He freaking pouted. “Well, yes. Why not tell him you’re dating me?”

            I blushed furiously at that. “I do want to. I just think that it’s too early for that. I mean, we-we just s-started last night…” Talk about awkward so early in the morning.

            But when I looked at him again, he was grinning all the way to his ears.

            “I can’t believe I just heard that,” he said.

            “Well, yeah. You did. Now, get up. Hurry,” I urged, pulling the hood of his jacket.

            As soon as the words left my mouth, there were a few light knocks on the door. “Amber, honey. Are you awake?” It was my mom!

            The horrified look on my face was obvious but Blake wasn’t even the slightest bit fazed. To my horror (and irritation but, mostly horror), he was slowly sitting up while stretching his arms all the way.

            “Blake! What the hell! Get your silly ass off my bed! That’s my mother outside, Stupid!” I shouted in a whispery voice. I hoped my mom didn’t hear that.

            His jacket was crumpled completely, his hair was sticking out everywhere  and his gray eyes were screaming sleep. Could the time please stop so I could study my…uh…boyfriend as he looked like this?

            “Honey, wake up now! Breakfast’s ready!” Mom called out from the outside as she continued knocking on my door.

            “Uh-um, I’ll be down in a minute, Mom!” I yelled back as I stood and pulled Blake from the bed.

            “Your dad told me to fetch you. What are you doing there?”

            “Oh-um, folding my sheets! I-I’ll meet you in a second!”