XXXII: Admitting is late and an unplanned date

32

            Gray.

            Every time I closed my eyes, all I could see was the color gray. Yes, you might call me depressed. That was because I was. Worse than depressed, I might add.

            I spent the entire Saturday on my bed, lying down, staring into space. I didn’t talk to anyone or replied to anyone’s message. I didn’t eat. Typical sad person.

            Don’t get me wrong but I didn’t go on a hunger strike to make Blake notice me. I didn’t eat because I couldn’t. My mouth couldn’t stand anything. It just wanted to stay shut. So I kept it shut.

            My parents probably didn’t know about my state right now because they hadn’t barged in. And I knew they were busy. That was a good thing. I just wanted to be alone for a while. Clutching my blanket to my neck, I stared at my bed canopy. I didn’t want to close my eyes. Heck, I didn’t even want to blink. But there wasn’t anything I could do, was there?

            My planned-out Sunday, which consisted of nothing but dates with my bed, was completely ruined when someone kicked my door open. Yes, it was kicked. A few nuts fell down from their bolts. Madeline Grisham approached me as she fumed.

            “What the hell is wrong with you?! You didn’t call back. You didn’t reply to my messages. I tried calling Blake but apparently, you two planned this.” She held up her phone to my face with a few lines on her forehead. Obviously, she still didn’t know about me and Blake yet. I thought that Richie could’ve told her already if Blake told Rich. But evidently, Blake didn’t tell him—even though he sort of considered Richie his best friend.

            “I’m not in the mood to answer. Sorry.” My voice harbored a cold tone. I never imagined that I could use it to Maddie. I felt bad for her. Because her best friend was the bitchiest bitch of all.

            She sat beside me. “What’s wrong? Tell me,” she insisted warmly. She understood I was not in any way all hugs and kisses today.

            “I don’t want to talk about it,” I muttered then, turned to the other side.

            “Georgette,” she called out.

            I instantly sat up, scratching my head. “I hate that name!”

            “Just tell me…Or do you want me to ask Blake?” She said that so teasingly but my chest clenched.

            “We’re over,” I whispered.

            “What?”

            I looked at her horror-struck face and I felt the tears at the corner of my eyes, threatening to spill out. “He broke up with me.”

            “Wha-What?!”

            I took a deep breath. “I’m going to be engaged to somebody else.”

            “Double what?!”

            My eyes rested on Pierre—the big teddy bear that Blake gave me on Valentine’s Day. At least, Pierre was still here.

            “Woman, you’re engaged and you tell me this now?! When were you engaged?!” Maddie hollered, completely frustrated.

            “I’m not yet engaged. To-be-engaged,” I corrected. “And I knew this a few weeks ago. My grandfather made this arrangement.”