01 - Writer's Voice

A persevering writer does not write just because it's the trend but because they have a voice that speaks through their hands. And everyone can inform, but not everyone can deliver it with naked authenticity.
- A.B

When I was just a kid, the purpose of my writing is to experience a journey and share it with everyone. Now, when I'm older, I became too frustrated with not sharing it enough or not pleasing the readers in some way. More than fame, more than money, we know that what we really want is for our voice to be appreciated. The writer's voice will always be through writing. So why do we write?

We have something to prove. We can write for fun, but we can never write pointlessly. We always have something to convey. One of my favorite concepts of stories is how it relates to the author. The string attached with the writer and his works will are strong and tough as rock. As inside of the words we deliver, underlies our hidden desires, our perspective that wants to get out, and most of all, the values we proclaim. The works they write will always be part of their self-identity. We write because there is something to solve, someone to inspire, something entertaining.

Here's the biggest question that is secretly in our subconscious whenever we choose to not write at all.

Why do we need to write?

The biggest hindrance to being a writer is oneself. Our own will to not do it. Our own will to be scared of the future. Our own will to let our doubts get in the way of writing our imaginations. As a result of these internal obstacles, we lose sight of the purpose we had at the beginning where the motivation is enriched. That is why, 'why' is one of the most powerful questions of the society. It dwelt in the roots of all the radical things, from our decisions, choices, and neglects. Why you say. Why are you not writing enough? Why are you holding back? Why do you abandon your supposed to be lifetime companion... papers and pen?
Or why, in the first place, you fall in love with writing?

You can say, it's because you express your naked self, or it's your escape to your reality, it can be also your way to be brave. Now the next thing to ask yourselves is, don't you?

Don't you wanna express your naked self anymore?

Don't you wanna escape your reality for a while?

Don't you want to be brave again?

The most regretted moment was never my action poured in my priority list but the times I did nothing than the times I said nothing.

And believe me, you will too.

The more you love writing the more it will pain you knowing you never even finished the book you planned two years ago! Or the time you want to start a compilation of stories and stop because of your laziness to do so until eventually, you forgot it. It will pain you, knowing your dream for your books to be published and to be placed on the shelves of prominent books stored beside the book of your favorite author... and it will never happen if you won't do a single thing to make it at least the epilogue.

Remember, you don't have to be motivated or excited to be able to achieve constant writing. You just have to be soaked in perseverance against boredom, the zero visibility that anyone is reading your book, or the invisibility of your success. Those successful writers? They were not always excited at the scene they were writing. They were not always in glee as they sat in their same old chair to write something they can think was pointless. Succesful writer- by what I mean successful is those who actually finished a book under their name as the author, doesn't have an unlimited motivation to write, they just fought boredom. Because be honest, when there's no feedback, no one is satisfied, no one is reading, the expectations that were running in your imaginations were destroyed... you'll get bored. Fought off the boredom by getting back to your purpose as you write it. By rewarding yourself so you can balance the failure and success to make it through. Read your works, be amazed and pat yourself, and tell yourself you did a good job because you did.

Dear authentic persevering writers,

Please write. We need more of you, and this is you.

Your co-writer,
R

Dedicated to DiaryniMsPanget! Keep flying free soul!