35 - My Blood

Evil is part of the human nature. Sure, we're good people, but when we are kind, we just suppress the wicked monster hiding at our back. Life is a race, an endurance battle, how longer can you hide the monster?

I winced in pain with the way my arms are dragged. I crooked my neck to fit in the door of the patrol car as I heard one of the officer whispered.

"We'll get her blood test first. We can't just base on the letter of her husband."

"Course, Sir. I'm pretty confident though. That woman's blood turn black as crows."

In the human nature, you could actually see the monster coming out with how dark your blood will be. The more mischievous the crime you committed, the darker it'll be. And it's only common in investigations with pointing the suspect and not having enough evidence to check if he can be the possible criminal.

"I hate to break it ot you officer, but I'm not a murderer." I said as we arrived at the clinic and the officer who caught the letter of my late husband called me names.

I hate how he acts clean as if he's a saint and has the card to point dirty fingers at me.

"Just get your hands on the tube, Mrs. Neon."

The room was all painted with plain white walls and ceiling with an apparatus with a tube that will accurately examine the true colors of your blood. The apparatus is place in a table with a chair at the center. I sat on it, with chains on my hands...

"Do it." Said the other inspectors

"Can't you all wait, Officers."

I said and heaved a deep sigh. I can't even grieve for my late husband... With tears stung in my eyes, I entered my hands.

With a lot of tick from the machine that took like an eternity, I closed my eyes and covered it my palms as I burst in tears. The situation is just frustrating... How are they able to suspect me?

"Sir... It's fresh blood."

"Meaning..."

"No crime committed, Sir."

The guy who was so confident that I'm the suspect glared at me, straight in the eyes and looked at the professional besides him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Let's check it again one more time."

"Enough, Officer Madrid. It's time to look for the real killer."

The older officer leaned on me and put the keys in the chains on my hand. I massaged it first before wiping the tears dried in my face then tried to smile at them.

"Please do, Officer." I said and shake my hands with them.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience Mrs. Neon."

"I understand."

I guess I gave him too much of my 'genuine' and 'sweet' aura that his hands lingered on mine longer but I'm not dumb enough to let it stay. I pulled out my arms and bid my goodbye with them.

The long silky curvy hair hindering my sight was blown away from my face as the wind greeted me when I entered outside. It's as if she's celebrating with me for having a static color of blood.

A wide grin pasted in my lips as I saw... just in front of me the criminal. The criminal who killed my husband.

You might thought you can't be caught, be careful woman.

"Mrs. Neon- are you okay?"

I looked back, the older officer holding my handkerchief I seem to left showed up.

"Nothing officer. Just my reflection on this windshield." I said and smiled dearly. Innocently. Without any monster to see.