24 - A Serenade at a Sea

Once in a royal kingdom, the people outside the palace raises their blue flags and announces glory with a shout that as loud as you can see the veins in their neck popping. Smiles are pasted in their lips, as they all shout in joy, all chorus.

"Hail Prince Xavie!"

Everyone was delighted to hear that a new royal baby of Queen Silia is currently reaching the world at the moment. Their old descendents probably shouted like this too when the Queen was being born.

But a shocking news spread in the crowds, on the city, and on the whole kingdom.

The baby is full of charms!

So full of charms that people loose their heads the moment they see his face!

With that, Queen Silia and King Herald never get to see what the baby face is. His face was wrapped with cloth by the blind maid they had for several years. The blind maid is the only person that can face the young prince bare face. He was clothed as a royalty, was respected and was bullied, when he let them saw his face as they tell him he's ugly, they all became fusion with lunacy and one person died. From then, he was called a murderer.

"Never heard of that being used as a murder weapon before."

He cried while looking at the sea, just a little walk from their castle. He's not a murderer... He's not a murderer...

"Don't listen to them, my prince, just listen to the music that will never die with your bare face." Her mom once said and he smiled underneath the mask he's wearing and hugged his mom.

He figured out that smiling is not the only way to let people close to you know you're happy. And from then, he would cry when people oppress him and hugged his mom when his happy. All with the mask on.

The young prince became a full grown man, and his heart is ready to fall in love. In his 21th birthday, a ball for his coronation is made. And a beauty not in physical but in her soul captured the prince's heart. She was the designer for his suit, she draw him in with all of the passions she put in her designs, how she value beauty so much, up to her heart content and how kind and passionate she is with him. All smile, all compliment, all encouragement.

After the coronation he asked her to come with him on the seaside that he'll always run away from when he's sad.

He brought the guitar his mom strums to him along with the hand of the girl gripping and holding his.

It was low tide alowing them to go farther into a small island, made by the sea water decreases. He strum the guitar, made her turn around and remove his mask to fully sing the song without any weird sound. He asked her to never turn around to look at him.

He sang the lovely song her Dad sings him to sleep when he can't fall into dreams as the bullies keep him awake at night.

As he was about to end the song the girl in front turn her head to him. To their both surprise the girl didn't loss herself and smilingly cupped his face and told him looking straight in the eye, smiling.

"Beautiful."

As she murmured the word, suddenly light surrounds them and the wind blew harder, the oceans' water suddenly wash away the prince's face as if it was a facade mask glued on his skin for a long time. And then, his average face came.

The girl's face draw in shock amazement of what happened, and then, her emotions fell as he looked at the face of the Prince. From then, she turned her back at him.

The prince was left dazzled, his heart grieving at the sight of the girl walking away from her. But the girl stopped midway, contemplating as her guts filled with guilt, and before she turned around, the Prince loud shout filled the entire sea shore, and the girl that values the beauty up to her heart content was washes away from the ocean.

The guitar was never shown again, along with the girl, and the Prince' sanity.