04 - Tips For Lazy People?

Have you ever been so tired of yourself? Imagine, getting tired of everything and complaining without moving a single muscle. Hates butt hurt but can't stop being a couch potato? Oh well, try to read these phrases that changed my entire mindset once I'm reminded.

Don't overthink it / If it's less than five minutes, do it!

Probably one of the easiest and most logical pieces of advice I've heard is these phrases. Don't think about whether to study or to just slouch on your phone, don't ponder if you're gonna wash the dishes or continue scrolling on your social media, stop thinking too much and do it! Because, of course, your brain will always choose whatever situation you feel more comfortable with than the responsibility we have on our shoulders.

You have control of your life.

I once stumbled upon a video, where he's some sort of an interviewer, of course I forgot what it is entirely about but he's the one who can testify among the employees with who can make the progress slow or speed it up like how we are supposed to. And he judges that with only one single question. This... Why did you think you failed to reach the quota? Not the same question word by word, but it's like that. They ask each of the employees why they fail to do their work properly. Here's his trick, if the person answers by blaming the weather, the tree, the people, or the surroundings, his score will deteriorate. But if he said it's because of his internal suffering, lack of courage, and laziness, he might get a pass on this. Have you wondered why? Think... why? How does he see the way you handle your responsibility, your job, with only one question?

It's because you should know you have control of your life. Stop blaming your phone, your sofa, your bed, or the television! No one is forcing you to use them over the average period! Moreover, no one is stopping you from doing productive things! Our sense of responsibility doesn't just stop when we made it okay, but how we made it okay.  It's all on you. Sometimes, it's just really in our head, we're the problem here and only we can decide for our life. Control it for comfort? Or control it for a better future?

Sacrifice little parts of your present for your future. / Do something today that the future you will be grateful for you.

It might sound so serious, so boring, but it's true. Some of you might even think, 'Oh I like to enjoy my present.' well, this quote I read somewhere doesn't entirely mean it that way. Doing something for your future is not going to ruin the present you have right now. Like Master Oogway had said, today is a gift, that's why it's called a present. Therefore, we must be wise to use this gift properly so the next gifts won't be damaged. Enjoy the process of going up the staircase or you won't like your destination. In short, you can like your today, you can make it the way you want it, but always look for something you have to do now for the long journey so in the future you will be thankful for yourself.

Look at your progress. Brutally.

You're not doing well. You're an annoying lazy brat who wants this way but won't walk. 

Somehow you have to be brutally honest with your failures so you can see them more clearly. Don't sugarcoat it, regret it all you want,  but don't stop there. If you're a little bit sensitive with critics, freak, you have to face it! You can't be always crying with all the critics you'll be receiving. The world won't protect you from that. Look at your progress, is it a downfall? Then you fatass needs to move it! Is it getting higher? Oh, then you need a celebration!

Be happy with your success, scold yourself for the downfall, but forgive your mistakes and do it again if you have to. Make it obvious to yourself how much a failure you are, or how much victorious your day is! Finds some time to make each moment of your progress count.

The way you make your bed has a significant impact on your day.

It might be a pretty bluff, but once I saw this from a YouTube video, and observed it from that, it was mindblowing how accurate it can be.

The narrator presented three characters that wakes up in the morning. The first man woke up, contemplate a little, of course, you won't totally get up right after your eyes open, then make his bed and goes to the toilet. The second man woke up from the alarm clock, checks his phone before leaving the bed untidy, went to the toilet to start his morning routine then goes back to the bed to fix it. Lastly, the third man, woke up right after, and goes to the toilet without making his bed, then leaves his room, and didn't enter it again to clean it, but just sleep again in his none changing messy bed.

The first man will make his day productive, the second man on the other hand will face sloths inside of him. While the third man will be careless.

Observe. Nothing scientific, but facts. Somehow, I pertain to these thoughts as facts that can bend, it has real nature that can affect you, but at the end of the day, it's still you who has the choice to change it.

No matter how you wake up, do it.

So, that's it. My five tips for lazy people like us. Did this motivate you? Well, I hope it won't just motivate you but will also encourage you for a consistency. What is productivity in just a minute?