37 - Efflorescence

"Goodbye class!"

Every echoes of the little child's voices is a music to an ear... but one particular little boy stands out as he pasted his little big smile on his face while gripping on the strap of his bag, with the big banana tumblr on his palms and running past the door which the parents are waiting. The teacher in front laugh as she stared at the enthusiasm of the boy, gone past his own mother.

"Why is Sid so excited to go home?"

The woman smiled dearly and watched Sid running farther away from them on the hallway, without looking back. "Oh, our son's not going home yet. He still needs to visit the hospital."

A gasp fell from the teacher's mouth. "Another illness? Or just a follow up consultation?"

"Follow up."

"How's his legs? And isn't he supposed to be scared going to a check up?"

The woman laughed lightly, "Sid? Of course he's nervous and scared at the same time, what scares a kid?."

The teacher laughed. "What makes him so happy though?"

The woman remove her gazes from the teacher in front and smiled at the direction of her son, now turning his back at them, jumping with his hands waving extremely for her to get near. Must have realized he doesn't know how to drive.

"Oh, his girlfriend."

The teacher bat her own eyes. "But he's six."

That little boy, Sid, skipped on his feet and travelled from the long long hallway of the school. He smiled upon the car passing by, and in his eyes it looks just like her car.

A hands hold his, and he squeek saying. "My knee needs check up!" over and over again.

In the hallway of the hospital, bench are just around the room that they are passing by. Some people just with their dextrose, in a wheelchair, just casually staring at nowhere. Some, if not in a lab gown, white gown, or patient's gown, are clothed with a swollen eyes and rushed garments.

The little boy, Sid, and his parents are the only one smiling. Until they reach out a room.

Room 307, there's some noise going on behind the door. Sid knows as he stick his ears upon the sliding the entrance. The metal felt cold between his skin but there's a girl with a melody inside he could only think of. Sid smiled. He doesn't know what the title is, nor what the song is about. He just know she's in there, and she's singing.

Means, she's still alive.

"Open the door, Sid. Greet your friend."

The little kid, Sid, opened the door. He was greeted by a sight of the white curtains, seemingly dancing along the winds and the melody produced by the girl layed on the hospital bed. Everything is white, the ceiling, the sheets, pillows, floor, even her lips.

He immediately rush towards and the song is getting louder.

"Eliza...?" The boy's voice suddenly get weakened.

The little girls' eyes threw wide open and smiled a little. "Sid! Is your knees okay now?"

"Yeah." he pouted and sat at the side of the bed to take a peek on her a little more. "Why's your face so white? It's not winter yet."

"It's because my bloods are eating each other."

"In school, they call that cannibalism."

"Oh, here, it's leukemia."

He glance at the book laying at the girls table and pointed it out. "What's that?" He asked. Suddenly in glee.

Eliza sat up straight and reached out for the book, Sid then proceed to sat beside her, closer, the book with the big white flower as the cover opened. "It's a book listed with plalels!" Sid bursted out all the way from his knee going up the bed and crossing it so he could get more closer to the book, and to Eliza.