02 - Fiction: The Land of Daydreaming

It is only when the imagination is active that man takes wings. At all other times, he is clogged, sluggish, earthbound—a dull, joyless creature. And it is the impossible that really inspired him most of all.

- Sir Arthur Bryant

In this Wattpad world, we are full of imaginary stories, so imaginary that sometimes it's unimaginable. It is called fiction. Unimaginable imaginary. Or imaginary unimaginable. Why is it though that a lot of people dare to be ashamed when it is known to others that they are reading more fiction? Ladies and gentlemen, haven't you seen the beauty of the Daydream Land?

When I was just a kid, short of vocabulary knowledge, I would come back to the story I finished around the time that I can still remember that I did read it, and what I've understood, but long enough for me to know that I've been missing some points. As I read it again, there are some parts that I'll be like, aha now I know what's that thing! And it won't fail to amaze me. To cut things short, I've been mesmerized by short stories in some academic books my grade school cousins would purchase, or the short story book of Cinderella, Rumplestilskin, and Snow White. Since I was a kid, fiction is addicting. So I find it weird when someone will tell me, oh this is just a fiction I'm reading.

What do you mean 'just a fiction'? Tell me about the title! What's the story about? I'm interested!

A fiction book is the dictionary of the authors' imagination. And with it, you can see how bizarre people can be, how they can be imaginative, creative, and free spirits. Inside a fiction book is an experience coated into words. Haven't you heard that experience is the best teacher? In some ways, the more I read fiction the more I can understand people better. Read good books and you will live a better life. A good book that is entertaining at the same time has something to say. Has a voice you might want to oppose or adore. Good transportation that will be able to take you to someplace. Or make you experience the era when you do not breathe yet, and can make you exist at that moment.

Interest plays a lot of part in what we learn. If you don't really like chemistry but you push yourself because it'll make you sounds and look 'smarter', no darling, please. Cause we both know your brain won't give a penny for something not aligned with your interest. Maybe it will, but it won't last long. Remember, when you're interested in someone you'll always remember something small to them but plays a big part in your memories that can stay for years. Meanwhile, the math class you had a few hours ago cannot linger in your mind for as long as your coffee gets cold.

It is not only in academic books you'll find worthy lessons. Since interest is significant, you'll do best in things that are just enough to entertain and make your eyes bail. There are lessons in entertainment, sometimes we're just enjoying it too much to notice.

Keep on reading, no matter what's the genre, learn and be better.

Sincerely,
R