Chapter Fourteen- Originality

February 28, 2016
Mount Justice
~~Willow~~

"I am picking up zeta and chronotron radiation," I looked over at Wally with a grin, "And in theory..."

"That would be what you would expect to find on a time machine!" He finished.

It was good to see Wally back in uniform, even if it was only for a moment.

"The twins' DNA matches your and Iris's, Barry," Emma reported, as happy as I was to have Wally back.

"Looks like they really are from the future," Nightwing breathed, his face full of apology for Bridget and Bart.

"Well, it's been crash, but we really should be going," Bridget said, tugging on Bart's arm. Her brother seemed rather reluctant to leave.

"Wait," Flash said, putting a hand on the shoulders of his grandchildren, "Thanks for coming. I look forward to meeting you two for the first time and watching you grow up."

Bart and Bridget smiled sadly at each other, and then at their grandfather.

"That..."

"Will be crash," Bart finished for Bridget. And then the two of them hugged Flash. He looked surprised at first, but hugged them back.

I swear Wally was crying at this.

"Well, gotta go!" The two of them said, running back into the pod. I guess they don't like long goodbyes.

We all waited for something to happen. For that giant ball of energy Finch and Beast Girl had described in such detail to appear.

"What the heck!?" Blur kicked the door open, "It's not working! Why is it not working?" She glared at Impulse.

"Don't look at me!" He protested when we all looked at him.

"Don't you guys know how to fix it?" I asked, wondering if they could possibly teach me how to make one of those.

"We're tourists! Not scientists!" Impulse said angrily, kicking the machine. Blur opened her mouth as if to say something, but thought better of it.

"We're stuck." Impulse glared at the ground miserably, "We're stuck here in this stupid past."

In the chaos that ensued, the only one thing I was sure of was that while Bridget and Bart were stranded in our era, they would be joining the team.

"How many freaking twins are we gonna have?" I muttered to Emma as we both set up designations for the new speedsters. If Bart was miserable, it was nothing compared to what Bridget was feeling. The poor girl had already run off, probably to cry somewhere.

"Well, I gotta go," Wally said as he walked over to us, "Artemis is probably wondering what's taking so long."

"Aw, do you have to?" Emma moaned childishly.

"Sorry you two," He apologized, hugging us both, "The twins are staying with the Garricks, and it looks like they'll be pretty "crash," as they'd put it, here with you," He jerked his thumb at the lightning bolt on his chest with a grin, "You don't need the old guy here now."

I just laughed, "Don't worry, Wally, we'll always need you."

March 1, 2016. 7:16
Star City

I got up early the next morning to make breakfast. All that speedster stuff yesterday had really tired me out. Livvy, the morning girl, followed me downstairs and sat at the counter while I cracked eggs over the stove.

"...And when it's all said and done, we'll shine like the sun, so don't let the fire die!"

Livvy handed me my phone, which had fallen out of my back pocket while I cooked.