Chapter Twenty-Nine- All Mixed Up

I think you all will enjoy this chapter...as well as the illustration I have provided ;)

~Lizard

March 31, 2016. 00:16
Atlantic Ocean
~~Emma~~

I was still groggy from the "experiment," if you could even call it that. It was pure torture. I'd been knocked out after what felt like the hundredth sonic headache. It was hard to keep track of everything they did. It was so fast, so strong, so painful.

I was almost completely out of it. On the verge of hallucination. In fact, I was half-convinced that this whole thing was a dream.

So why did the Aqualad standing outside my pod look so real?

"What..." I took a deep breath for my burning lungs. "What do you want?" My voice was slurred, my vision blacking in and out. If Bruce could see me now, he would have my head for allowing myself to get in this deep.

He just stood there, staring at me. I blinked my eyes a few times to clear my eyes, and he was still there.

It was a staring contest. For two full minutes we stood there. I counted every second. Then, he did something that I honestly never expected him to do.

He opened my pod.

I took one step, and tumbled to the ground. My mind wasn't the only thing suffering from the experiments.

I pointed my arm at him, forgetting that I'd lost my powers. Instead of retaliating to my threat, Kaldur took my hand and pulled me to my feet.

Before my tired body could react, he swiftly pulled  me close and kissed me.

And not a quick peck, a nice, long kiss on the lips.

I found myself wide-eyed in shock, unable to process what was going on or react in any way, shape, or form.

Then just like that, without a word, he was gone.

I saw his stupid black armor take a right exiting the door, and then I stood alone in the middle of the room. Free of my pod, but two other unconscious girls still trapped.

Then the alarms began to wail, I heard them echoing through the ship, and my adrenaline kicked in. I quickly pulled off the inhibitor collar and turned to the control unit, trying several switches to see if they would open Tammy and Terra's pods.

As I did, my dream-was-it-really-a-dream replayed in my mind. Had Kaldur kissed me? Had he really set me free? Or was it a trap and I was about to be surrounded and shocked to death my a hundred alien soldiers?

There was a loud hissing sound behind me, and I turned to catch each girl, one with each arm. But the weight was too sudden and I was still recovering, I fell flat on the floor.

"Nightingale!" I familiar voice hissed.

I looked up at what I thought to be a Manta Trooper upon first glance, but the face was Willow's.

"Wildfire!" I gasped.

She pulled me up and grabbed me in a fierce hug. "Oh my word, Emma, are you okay?" She whispered, afraid of anyone hearing.

"I'm great, but these two girls are not," I pointed to my fellow prisoners.

"And by the way, that suit makes you look totally cute and I'd love to know where you got it, and I have a few very strange dreams that I need to tell you about, but we have to get out of here!"

-------

The first thing Rachel feels is a falling sensation. Then her face smacks into the floor, and her keen ears catch the sound of three other bodies hitting the floor too.