Chapter Twenty-Two- Death

First off, I must apologize for that last cliffhanger. That was quite nasty of me, and you didn't deserve it X) Second off, please enjoy this chapter!

~~Willow~~

"Am I dead?"

Someone snorted. "Not quite." Pyro appeared in front of me.

"You sound disappointed," Scarlett teased, appearing beside me.

"Seriously you two, what's going on?" I said in a no-nonsense tone, trying to sound like Dinah does when she's mad. I gulped, considering the possibility.

"Am I dead or not?"

Scarlett put a gentle hand on my shoulder. "As Pyro said, you're not quite dead yet. Whether or not you will die is up to you."

I sighed with relief while Pyro pouted a short distance away, "I don't think I'm ready to die quite yet."

Scarlett smiled at me. "That's the Willow I like to hear."

"What happened? How did I get to this..." I gestured to the inky blackness that surrounded us every time I visited Pyro and Scarlett in my mind, "...This half-alive, half-dead state?"

"You were right about the arm, about Luthor." Pyro grumbled.

"Well, duh, I knew that." Pyro childishly stuck out her tongue at me, and I did it right back to her.

Scarlett jumped between the two of us to keep it from escalating to a firefight. "Some shrapnel got caught in your heart. Alfred operated to remove it, but it'll take a while for you to get the strength to wake up." She explained.

I smiled. Good old Alfred.

"So what do we do while we wait for her-" Pyro jabbed her thumb at me "-to wake up?"

Scarlett's face lit up like a Christmas tree, and she grabbed both of our hands.

"I regret asking that." Pyro muttered as Scarlett refused to let go.

"I've always wanted to do this!" Scarlett squealed.

She looked me in the eye, "There's a few things you need to see."

I felt a the warmth of my fire, crawling up my arms. An orange light in the middle of our triangle grew to a blinding white, and when it faded away, we were back in S.T.A.R. Labs. Or what was left of it.

"Oliver will pay to have it repaired and you know it." Pyro dismissed as we watched firemen soaking the fire caused by Speedy's exploding arm.

Speedy, Oliver...

"The others..." I started

"They're fine," Scarlett assured me. "The bomb was attracted to your specific heat signature." She gestured to the firemen, "And they can't see you. You'll wake up to your body, which is being looked after at Mount Justice."

I nodded hesitantly. I could have killed them. I was so bent on exploiting Luthor for the slimeball he was that I paid no attention to how it affected my family.

"So what's this thing you were so excited to show me?"

Without warning, Scarlett shot off into the sky, Pyro following reluctantly.

I watched them a moment, then I tried to copy them. I jumped, like Connor always does, but I came crashing back to the ground.

"Um...little help?"