Chapter Six- Nightmares

Oh Ember....

No.

Go away, Pyro! Scarlett screams in my mind. She comes into focus now. She basically looks like me, only with black hair. She's grown with me, and I with her.

Unfortunately, so has Pyro.

Make me, Pyro grins sadistically, forming a ball of flame in the palm of her hand.

Not only has she grown in appearance, but also in strength. Whenever I learn a new skill, Pyro gets it too. She's the evil side of the superhero part of me. After that night five years ago, she hasn't been able to take over my body, but she still lives in my mind, as part of my concience. Scarlett is the version of me that I would be now if I wasn't a hero. She is the better side of me, but she is next to helpless against Pyro.

But when we're together, it is Pyro who is helpless. 

I jump in front of Scarlett, creating a sheild of fire between her and Pyro.

Get out, Pyro. No one wants ou here. Even the Light abandoned you. What do you want? I ask, trying to stop the fight before it started.

Pyro bares her teeth at the mention of her former masters. She was so confident that they would come for her, and after a few attempts that were stifled by my team, they gave up. 

I am awoken before I hear Pyro's answer.

January 7, 2016. 07:10

Wayne Mansion.

~~Willow~~

"Emma, come out," I begged, knocking on her bedroom door.

Mara groaned, "She's been like that FOR-EV-ER!" She complained.

"It's only been.." Tim checked his watch, "Five hours."

I sighed and pressed my ear against the door, "Not good," I reported to Nightwing, wincing at the decibels pounding in my eardrums, "It's Taylor Swift. The Speak Now album."

Emma's brother paled. His upset sister and breakup songs- no matter how good Taylor Swift is -is just not a good match at the moment.

"She's got the volume up to exactly 42. That's about ten times worse."

"Back To December" pounded from the stereo, making it almost impossible to tell what Emma was doing in there. I couldn't hear any noise.

Mara grabbed a lollipop from the bag Olivia was  holding and waved it in the air, "Something must be done!" She declared, sucking on it vigorously.

"Hey!" Olivia protested, reaching for the stolen lolly, "Give it back!"

"I stole it fair and square," Mara stuck out her tongue at my little sis.

I ignored them while Tim dealt with it, "Emma, Please let us in! We just want to help!"

"No! Just leave me alone!" She paused the music just long enough to make sure we heard that.

"Emma," Nightwing cracked his knuckles threateningly, "Last chance..."

"BRUCE! MAKE THEM LEAVE ME ALONE!" Emma yelled over the music before turning it up even louder.

I winced as the three young'uns looked up from their squabbling, "Up to sixty," I told Richard, who sighed. "Break it down?" I asked, almost begging.

"No," he shook his head, "I pick the lock, you go in and try to talk to her, and if that doesn't work then we get Bruce or Shayera.

"Okay," I complied. My friend's pain was beginning to become my pain. Connor told me what had happened  on Malina Island. She and Kaldur had barely said a word to each other, but he practically dissed her in front of nearly everyone whose opinions mattered to her and she attempted to fry him with her electricity.

Nightwing took a bobby pin out of Mara's hair, and within two minutes he had the door unlocked. I threw it open and closed it quickly behind me. Perhaps Emma would be more comfortable with just talking to one person instead of a horde.

She sat in the middle of her room, still in her uniform, eating tons of chocolate that had been previously hidden in one of her desk drawers. She looked up at me with tears streaming down her red face.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked, spreading my arms.

She was quiet for a moment. And then she began to cry anew. I quickly paused the music before wrappping her in a hug, the decibels were beginning to make me uncomfortable.

"I-I loved him! And I thought he loved me too!" She sobbed into my shoulder. I felt like I was comforting a thitteen-year-old after their first break-up when I remembered that this was her first break-up. Emma and Kaldur had never been with anyone else, except for Kaldur's crush on Tula, which we all thought was in the past. Honestly, everyone on the team- even Raquel! -thought that they'd end up married someday. But it wasn't meant to be. I guess there really isn't such a thing as high-school sweethearts.

"I-I had nightmares about it, but I never thought it'd be like this!" She continued

I still haven't even told Emma that Pyro was the nightmares I used to have. Everyone just presumed they were from my past and let it drop. I tell Emma about the tree and the fire in my dreams, but never about Pyro. I don't want anyone to worry about me, you know? And now that I've finally gotten Connor to be my boyfriend...

No. I can't worry about that right now. Emma's my friend, ands I'm more concerned about her problems right now.

"Listen to me, Emma. Kaldur's been a jerk. He doesn't deserve you, and he does not deserve to take up all your wibbly-wobbly time. If he's still on to Tula, that's his problem," An idea, more than likely from Pyro but more than welcomed by me and Scarlett, flittered into my mind.

"And trust me, he won't bother you anymore."

Emmma looked up at me, "What do you mean? Are you sure?"

I nodded, "Because I'm going to kill him."

O.o WILLOW DON'T DO IT!!! HE'S JUST REALLY- Oh wait, you're not supposed to know that...

Willow: Know what?

Oh, you'll find out soon enough....