Chapter Forty-Four- I Saw It Coming

So this is the chapter that (most of) you all have been knowing was coming. Well, Willow knew it was coming too. :(

June 20, 2016. 06:16.
New York City.
~~Willow~~

"Squads in position?"

I drummed my fingers on my arm impatiently. Waiting with a trio of speedsters didn't exactly make me more patient than I already was. "Been ready for ages." I informed Nightingale matter-of-factly.

"Alpha is in position"

I suppressed a wince. "Still getting used to having you back." I grumbled to Kaldur. 

Over the comm, Emma sighed. "Same here, Will."

"Delta in position."

"Gamma in position."

"Omega squad is in position!" Terra, Robin, and Bumblebee reported in order.

"Good. Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Omega. Begin the distraction. Alpha, head for the bridge." Nightwing instructed. Kaldur may be team leader now, but Emma and Rick could navigate us through the toughest situations, no matter how much Emma protested it was just "dumb luck." 

I grinned and lit up fire in my hands. Placing my palms on the hull of the Reach mothership, I melted a hole big enough for my squad to enter.

Alarms were already blaring, red-suited Reach soldiers headed our way. I scared off a few with some fire, Artemis shot a few explosive arrows at their chests, and Blur, Impulse, and Kid Flash took some more by surprise.

I turned to take care of the wave of soldiers approaching from the other end of the hall, when a soldier Artemis and I had missed hit my shoulder with his pike.

"GAH!" I screamed. Wally quickly took care of the soldier, and Artemis put up a barricade of foam to hold them off for a moment.

"You okay?" Wally asked, examining my shoulder.

"Does she look okay?" Artemis snapped.

I gritted my teeth against the pain, struggling to keep breathing. "It feels like it's underwater!"

I tried to get a good look at the wound, but Wally took off his glove and covered it to staunch the wound

"Baywatch, let me see!" Artemis demanded. She lifted his glove, but there was nothing there. No blood, no bone, even though it felt my arm had been torn off, there was nothing to show for it.

"What...?" All three of us were greatly confused, when Emma's voice erupted in my ear again.

"Kid, get her out-"

She was cut off in a burst of static the made me recoil as the painful noise echoed in my head.

"Emma, Emma, report!" I screamed, ignoring the pain in half of my upper body. Getting no reply, I slammed my fist against the wall. 

Bart groaned as the soldiers began to close in from us on both sides, having broken through Artemis's barrier.

"Well, they know we're here!" Impulse took of again, but Bridget looked up at me, throughly concerned.

For her sake, I faked a smile. "'S nothing, Blur, just a... Little bruise." To prove my well being, I punched a soldier in the face with a fiery fist. Not believing me, Blur took off to help her twin

"Careful!" Kid warned me. "Nightingale, Superboy, and your mother will kill me- in every way they know how - if that gets worse!"

I tried the comm again. "Wildfire to Watchtower, come in!" No response.