Chapter Forty-Nine- Surprise, Surprise.

Just so you guys know, the gif above has been me as I've written these past few chapters.

Jk, not really. That's me rereading the chapters. When I'm writing them with Allegra I'm mainly like:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT'S GOING TO DES-TROY THEM AND BREAK ALL THEIR FEELS AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Yeah. I get crazy. Someone call the Joker.

Anyway, I am sorry but not responsible for the pain and trauma this book has put you through.

Sincerely,

~Lizard.

August 9, 2016. 16:06
Watchtower
~~Emma~~

I was at the computer with Barbra and Tim, doing some research on Vandal Savage's next move. Batgirl had managed to interrogate rumors out of an underground informant, and the past few nights she, Finch, Robin, and I had been following up on those rumors.

"This makes no sense," Robin muttered, "Half these rumors insist that Savage and Klarion are taking the Warworld to attack Rimbor again, and the other half are saying that they're going to the magical candy planet to pick up some ice cream."

"The second half of the people we interrogated were drugged, Tim. We can't exactly trust them." Barbra reminded him.

Tim blushed. "Oh, right."

Mara sat on the floor between me and Tim, knocking her feet together boredly.

"Emma, I miss Richard." She mumbled.

Tim and Barbra looked at me, momentarily concerned, but I bent down and placed a hand on Mara's head. "I miss him too, Mar." Over a month with no word from Rick. Or Willow. I was beginning to get worried.

But I put on a brave face, thinking about the good things from the past month.

Cassie gained the courage to kiss Tim, and so the two of them were now a couple. Rick now owed me twenty bucks.

The team now operated out of the Watchtower, side-by-side with the League, which is the recognition we had been working for for over five years.

And ever since Willow had left, Connor and M'gann had been getting closer again, and Artemis and Kaldur both insisted that the two of them were back on the road to a relationship. I wasn't so sure how I felt about that, but both of them deserved to be happy. We all did.

I sent Mara to practice her hacking on the Watchtower's security cameras and went back to the detective work that was currently giving me a headache. No sooner had I done so, than something tugged on my skirt. I turned to see Livvie looking up at me with her big blue eyes.

"Miss Emma, where's my big sister? My momma says she's gone. What does that mean?"

Barbra shot me a worried look, but I gave her an assuring one right back. I quickly turned  off my computer and took Livvie's hand, heading for the garden to talk to her in a quiet spot.

"She went on a trip, Livvy. I don't know where. I...I don't know when she's coming back." I said as we walked.

That didn't satisfy Olivia. "Why?" She asked, cocking her head to one side.