Chapter Fifty-Four- Escaping the Madness

Guys, I just want to apologize for the really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really bad writing I might have in this chapter and future chapters. I'm really not good at writing torture scenes :3

August 12, 2016. 12:56
Somewhere in the Atlanitic Ocean.
~~Emma~~

They left.

After hours of blood flying and painful blows landing, they left me alone.

"Come on, Emma, get up," I told myself, ignoring the hissing voices in my head. Didn't those guys ever give it a rest?

Alright, what exactly just happened? The last thing I remember was Joker stabbing something in my arm, and then I wanted to laugh...

Joker Venom.

On no, oh no, I wasn't going crazy was I? And I wasn't dead either, right?

I slapped myself. Think straight, girl! Now, what would Bruce do if he were here?

Well, for one thing, he'd be too tough to even think about vomiting at the sight of his own blood splattered on the floor. I swallowed the bile in my throat and assessed my injuries.

Right Wing: Broken.

Left Wing: Tear in the tissue

Right Arm: Sore, but okay.

Left Arm: In good condition.

Chest: Okay.

Stomach: Gash, but not too deep.

Left Leg: Sprained ankle.

Right Leg: Okay.

So, mostly okay, that's good. Or it could be bad, I haven't decided. Joker must've really been holding back. They said they wanted me to go crazy, so why didn't the venom work? And why did Joker hold back? This wasn't making any sense.

the only thing I was sure of was that I had to get the heck out of dodge. Or, in this case, out of the Manta-Sub.

The room that I was being kept in was about seven feet across and ten feet high. The floor was covered in chair splinters mixed with my blood, which was beginning to dry and get sticky.

Okay, okay, don't freak out, Em. Stay strong, ignore the voices in your head, and think!

The door was sealed as tight as a vault, but I could hack the vault at the pentagon in less than a minute. Let's just hope I could remember how.

Oh wait, cameras! They'd more than likely have cameras watching my room! I was their prisoner after all. I looked around the room carefully, scanning for any cameras with a shudder. What I wouldn't do to have Kaldur by my side. Or better yet, Willow.

I tried snapping my fingers. Using my powers usually made me feel warmer, but then I remembered the collar around my neck. This was driving me insane!