Chapter Twenty-Eight- Rescue

*trying to update as much as I can before a week with no WiFi*

March 30, 2016. 21:57
Star City Docks.
~~Willow~~

Shadows. That's all we were. Connor and I waited atop a pile of cargo, waiting for an unsuspecting patrol of Manta Troopers to pass by.

"Two of them, heading your way." Batgirl warned.

"Perfect." I smirked, pleased. We heard them before we saw them, their heavy, black, metal armor clanking on the concrete.

They stopped, sensing something. Before they could radio a strange noise or some suspicious shadow, Connor jumped down and placed a jammer on each of their helmets before grabbing them in a headlock. Remembering the Cape Canaveral mission, I quickly shot some fire at their faces to blind them. They cried out in pain, and Connor bopped them both on the head to knock them out.

They groaned in pain, and lay still. Not wasting a second, we removed their armor and put it on over our uniforms.

"Beta squad is go." I reported, taking the jammer off my helmet and tucking my hair up.

"Alpha squad is go." Robin reported.

"Beta, get over here. They're loading us up, and they're wondering where you are." Batgirl said urgently.

Connor and I, disguised as troopers, ran back to where a cage of civilians, Robin, Batgirl, And Bumblebee were waiting. A row of pods were nearby, standing behind Tigress, who watched the whole scene with icy blue eyes.

"Bring out the pods, now!" She barked at the troopers, which included us. "We're on a schedule, and Kaldur'ahm does not tolerate delay."

"Doesn't sound like the Kaldur we know," Connor scoffed. I said nothing.

One by one, Superboy and I were forced to shove one runaway teen at a time into the pods to keep our cover.

I took Robin, trying to be gentle while looking fierce at the same time, because I knew that shrunken-down Karen was tucked into his pocket. Connor grabbed a blonde girl by the arm and dragged her trying to not look like he had super strength.

I was sweating from anxiety, and put a hand on the back of my neck to wipe it away, before remembering the armor I was wearing.

"Boat 'em and float 'em!" Tigress commanded, jerking her head at the Manta flyer that had just surfaced off the dock. Connor helped another trooper push a cart  onto the flyer while I helped the others keep watch. Only I spotted the distortion in the dark water, which was the bioship.

"Superboy, which one are you?" I asked, getting nervous as I boarded the ship and saw even more identical troopers everywhere. How could they tell each other apart?

"Here, in the corner." I looked at the corner from which Connor's voice seemed to come from, and saw a trooper who seemed to be staring right at me with a thumbs-up.

Keeping a firm hold on the "borrowed" laser gun, I inconspicuously walked over to Superboy. He nodded at me and I relaxed.

"How are we gonna tell each other apart from everyone else?" I asked.

"I have a dent in my knee," Superboy said. I looked down. He did! The armor must have gotten it when he knocked the troopers down.

"And I can us my X-Ray vision to look for you."

I put my hands on my hips. "Really?"

"Don't worry! I'm just looking at the faces!" He promised.