Chapter Forty-Three- Team.

June 19, 2016. 05:24.
Watchtower.
~~Emma~~

"I am now officially returning command of the team back to you."

I breathed a sigh of relief as I watched Rick shake Kaldur's hand, witnessed by Red Tornado, the old 'droid, and Aquaman. After a year of being in charge of the team, I was looking forward to not having that sort of responsibility as well. Kaldur did it better than Richard and I could, anyway.

Willow grinned at Kaldur encouragingly and Aquaman congratulated his prodigal apprentice.

"This is unnecessary." Kaldur said. For some reason he avoided looking at me. "The both of you have done brilliant work, leading the team under the most trying of circumstances."

"Which is exactly why I'm thrilled to have this particular monkey off my back. Job's all yours, pal." Richard assured Kaldur jokingly.

A loud "BOOM" shook the Watchtower, and a boom tube appeared in the air above us. I whipped out my bo staff and Nightwing grabbed his eskirima sticks, waiting for an ambush.

But instead, Captain Marvel, Black Lightning, and Black Canary- who had just taken a shift watching the Warworld's key chamber -were thrown out of the portal, landing unconcious on the floor of the Watchtower's mission room.

"Dinah!" Willow screamed. She ran over to her mother, cradling Dinah's head on her lap. I quickly checked on Billy and Black Lightning, making sure that all three of them were still alive.

A dull hum outside the Watchtower's windows signaled our biggest fear. The Warworld had been reactivated. 

"It's leaving Earth's orbit! Heading out into space!" Richard exclaimed as we all watched.

Willow looked at all of us uncertainly. "Um...Is that good news or bad?" 

"That, I cannot comprehend." Red Tornado said dully.

Aquaman picked up Black Canary and began to carry her towards the Watchtower's medical bay. "But you let us worry about that for now. You four deserve to celebrate with your team, and to rest up before your final attack on the Reach tomorrow morning."

We were reluctant to do so, and he knew it. But who argues against the king of over seventy-five percent of the world? 

"Recognize; Nightingale, B00. Nightwing, B01. Aqualad, B02. Wildfire, B08."

"You're back!" Wally ran over and collapsed on his knees in front of us, desperate pleading on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"MY LITTLE PONY IS NOT TERRIBLE, AND YOU ARE GOING TO WATCH IT AND YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE IT!" Mara screamed from up in the loft. 

"That." Wally whimpered.

"Wally, stop being dramatic. You're twenty years old, for crying out loud!" Artemis chided as she walked down the stairs behind Connor and M'gann. Everyone, except for the four of us who'd just gotten there, were changed into civvies.

"It's not that bad." M'gann said.

"I've watched worse." Connor mumbled.

I sighed, but smirked at the four of them. My Little Pony was one of my favorite TV shows to watch when I was growing up, but obviously my friends felt otherwise. "You guys feel like you're being tortured here, don't you?" 

"Yes!" Wally almost screamed. He hugged me around my waist like a little kid. "Don't make us stay here!" He begged, nearly in tears.

"Relax, Wall-Man, I got us covered." Willow relaxed her shoulders and cupped her hands over her mouth. "Hey guys! We're going out. La'gaan's in charge, okay?"