Chapter Forty-Eight- Little Wonders

July 4, 2016. 19:38.
Star City.
~~Willow~~

Fireworks boomed overhead as I entered the bus depot. With shades and a fedora "borrowed" from Oliver, I hopped on the next bus heading out of Star City.

"The end of the line, please." I told the driver, paying my fare.

The driver shrugged and jerked his thumb towards the back of the bus. Obviously I wasn't the oddest thing to set foot on his vehicle.

I sat down, but not before a familiar face stepped on board, the doors closing behind him.

Arsenal- Roy -sat down next to me, oblivious

I tried to remain calm, and tried to figure out if he was looking for me without giving away who I was.

"Where are you headed?"

Arsenal stiffened, but casually replied, "I'm meeting up with a few friends in the Rocky Mountains."

The Runaways, probably.

"Really?" I asked. "I've been once. Ski trip. I was terrible, I fell down a lot." I chuckled at the memory, Roy and Oliver laughing every time I fell down, dispute Dinah's careful instructions.

Arsenal grinned, "A friend brought me there once. Rich guy, you know, a mentor but not exactly a father? He laughed every time I fell down. Until I threw a couple snowball's at him in front of his girlfriend."

Ah, so that was back before Oliver and Dinah for married, then.

"He a nice guy? He and his girlfriend still together?" I asked, even though I knew what the answer was. Arsenal raised an eyebrow at my inquisitive nature.

"Sorry for so many questions, I'm a reporter, it's in my blood." I fibbed quickly yet casually.

"Actually, for once, I don't mind. They are still together, got married a few years ago, they have a blonde-haired little girl now, and a couple other kids they've taken under their wing."

"That sounds lovely..." I trailed off, thinking of Olivia, Roy, and Little Lian.

"So, what about you? You have anyone special?" I asked quickly, trying to keep my mind off my family.

Arsenal blushed a bright red. "Well, there is...this...one... girl..." He whispered.

"Really? Tell me more." I scooted closer in my seat, even though I knew exactly who the girl was. And I wasn't exactly fond of recalling who, I realized as a guilty feeling anchored itself in the pit of my stomach.

Arsenal continued, "She's kissed me once, but I never told her I felt the same. Anyway she's totally out of my League anyway, almost literally." He covered his eyes and leaned back in his seat.

I bit my lip nervously.

"Call her."

Arsenal looked up at me with deer-in-the-headlights eyes. "You sure? I kind of left without saying goodbye..."

"Let me tell you, she's been waiting long enough." I told him sternly.

He didn't move.

"Well?" I tapped my foot, pretending to be impatient, and he quickly pulled out his phone and began to dial someone. I couldn't tell if it was her number

"Hey, Bart, it's me, Roy. Do you have your sister's phone number?" I listened while pretending to give him a bit of privacy.

"Yeah, I want to talk to her. If she'll talk to me.

"Oh, she's right there? Could...could you put her on? Please?...Thanks.

"Hi, Blu- Bridget. It's me, Roy."