40

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
flashback

    Y/n sat at the shore, watching as the waves crashed into the sand. She couldn't tell if it was from the splash of the water or her eyes draining themselves but her cheeks were soaked.

    She and Mikey had been going to pay Shinichiro a late night visit at his shop, only to find two of their friends being escorted to a cop car and Shinichiro's body being rolled out in a gurney.

    Y/n's heart felt heavy as she remembered Baji crying he's sorry and Kazu's dazed state. She knew that from now on things wouldn't be the same. She wanted to scream out. And that she did.

However it wasn't the scream she wanted to let out. Y/n was startled by the sudden presence beside her.

"Don't look so down, especially when you have a view like this to put you at ease."

"What the fuck dude I almost fucking punched you." Y/n glared at the person on the side of her.

He was tall and had blonde and black hair. As annoyed as she was by his sudden appearance Y/n felt herself get lost in his eyes. Purple eyes weren't the norm so she found it unique.

"You sure you wanna punch me or are you too busy staring into my eyes." He boasted

"Shut up." Y/n rolled her eyes and turned back to the shore. She ignored his presence and continued to watch the waves.

"You ignoring me now?"

"Did you know that when you ignore someone you're practically in love with them."

"As if." Y/n quickly replied. This caused the guy to smirk in triumph. "So she speaks."

"I hate you already."

"Hate is the first sign of love."

Y/n don't know what took over her but she found herself returning the energy. "So you admit you're in love with me?"

The guy got closer to her face. "What if I am?"

Y/n leaned in, their lips almost touching. "I would still ignore the fuck out of you. Get out my face boy." Y/n palmed his forehead, shoving his face away from hers.

He laughed as his back met the sand, a smirk forming on his face. "I'm Ran." He put his hand for Y/n to shake but she slapped away.

   "I didn't ask for your name, who's to say we will meet again."

   "So princess wants to keep her identity sealed. Fair enough."

   Y/n felt butterflies in her stomach at the nick name. She had been called princess by a fair amount of people and some in a mocking way but this one felt different.