Prologue

POV: Vita

A yellow fading into white wings, Angel was pacing back and forth in the forbidden Soul Storage. Almost never-ending rows and rows of shelves lined with jars filled with souls of every creature that ever existed. The room overall was a grayish-blue.

This Storage was forbidden for anyone that wasn't in Court.

And Vita was not one of them.

The young Noble had stolen the keys from her father to gain access. No one knows she was in here, and time was running out.

It wouldn't take long for her father to discover her missing, and he would kill her if he knew what Vita was up to.

Vita flew about fifty feet in the air. Her wings flapping but causing no noise. She looked at the rows of glass jars that held glowing light inside each one, all being different hues.

The jars and the souls inside them had an untold beauty to them, which calmed the paranoid Angel. She would freak out with every noise as she knew she broke at least twenty rules just by being in the Soul Storage.

"This is a crazy idea!" Vita scolded me. "What am I even thinking?" She reached for a glass jar and then pulled her hand back.

*Will an alarm sound if I even touch it?* Vita worried that even being in this room was summoning guards and soldiers, but they never came. In fact, the yellow-winged Angel was starting to wonder if there was even any security.

Vita sighed as she knew what needed to be done.

"It's already been 200,000 years. I can't let another day pass. I at least own him this." Vita told herself, trying to encourage herself.

Vita flew higher up and headed to the right, where the 'consumed' souls are kept.

For Angels, having the power over the Fate of every creature, believed that souls were precious. So, they always gather the souls. Some get recycled, while others are left alone and sent back, others remain in the Soul Storage for years, collecting dust.

"Without the Starlight family. The sickness is spreading faster." Vita whispered to herself. "I can't believe no one in Court is doing nothing. Something needs to be done, or we will die out as a species."

Well, that is half correct. When Calamitous and Snow betrayed the tribe and left for Earth. They unknowing created a new species of Angels. Ones with solid forms, along with the benefits of everything a True Angel can do.

"Well, at least they will survive," Vita told herself.

The Island of Panthera Regina changed everything about the Great Beasts. Many species from the island are so different from the rest of the Earth that the Angels couldn't help but classified them as a separate tribe.

There was a problem as no True Angels can't reach the Island. A barrier blocked them. No, it's a Shelter that protects the Islanders.

That was Snow's doing. The little Angel didn't realize how much power she actually carried. After many years, Vita finally understood why her brother was so protective of her.

Vita was against the idea of having Calamitous parents kill. She knew this would happen but said nothing.

So, risking treason, banishment, and even death. Vita was going to make up for everything that she did wrong. The yellow-winged Angel no longer cares. She just wanted to make things right, even if it meant throwing her future away.

"I should flee Heaven after I do this," Vita said with a nod. She didn't know where the legendary island is but had a hunched of its location.

Vita finally found the glass jar that she was looking for.

'Snow of the Starlight.' The Label read.

It had a lovely pale blue glow to it. It made her think of a robin's eggs or of a flower.

Vita grabbed the glass jar and held it carefully in her hands. "Calamitous, I can't make up for my mistakes, but I hope that you can see your little sister again." With that, she threw the jar to the ground.

It shattered upon impact on the grayish-blue floor. Vita watched as the pale blue aura floated and then vanished.

"No, NO!!!!" Vita dove down to the floor as she shouted.

Souls don't disappear like that. They had to guide to Earth or Heaven. Vita never dealt with Souls before but knew this shouldn't happen. Something was very wrong.

Vita couldn't go to Panthera Regina without Snow's soul. She couldn't face Calamitous without it. But what concerned the young Noble more was where was Snow's soul.

"If her soul didn't go back to the Island, then it had to went to the home where now Scientia rules." Vita heard rumors about the limbo and the world that the traitor took control of. She only hoped that Snow would survive.