Chapter 21

POV: Snow

Location: Somewhere with mountains to the right and a open field to the left.

Two months have passed since the Angel had woken up in this strange world. It was dominated by one Great beast, the Dragons. They appeared they had conquered the world diverse.

The first month that Snow had been here was completely alone, not counting the time she was captured, while the second was filled with friends.

Snow could not help the feeling that something was missing and felt that the Elements were involved in that. The more that the Angel learned about this world started to make her feel like an outsider.

The dragon with blue wings had made a deal with King Death of the Deathwings, but they have not spoken since then. It was all too confusing, and Snow wanted answers.

Snow stared at the ocean as the sun began to rise in the east.

The small pack had been traveling southeast for about two weeks straight. It was odd that after making a deal Dara wanted to leave the location as soon as possible. However, Snow did not ask why.

The pack would socially travel during the night or the day. Once for twenty-four hours straight, but everyone agreed to never do that again as it took three days to recover.

*Maybe, I am the problem?* Snow thought as she glanced behind her. The Wolfwings were putting the tents up for today as Dara wanted to talk to the local Omicron about the best route to Aullido Isles. *I wondered what they are talking about.* The Angel thought as she shifted to her dragon form. She looked back at the ocean.

The location they were at where somewhere between the Mountain of some kind of gem and the fields of mud. Snow felt ashamed that she was too tired to pay attention to the names. None of the Wolfwings even gave her a map as they all avoided her after Death arrived.

*Well, let's be fair. They treated me differently when I got here, but now they just avoid me.* Snow thought feeling a slight pain in her heart. *Nope, no tears.* She growled silently. The sun started to reflect onto the water, and for a moment she longed for the swimming, but flashed backs of her death came back every time the waves came crashing.

The white dragon hung her head, watching the sand. It was Angel's fault that she died. Her dreams warned her what would happen, but she did not listen to her instincts. Snow listened to the dreams of the future and what would happen if she had lived. She looked up as she sighed. The dark blue skies started to become lighter as pink and orange appeared. The waves started to become calmer and more playful as if they refused to become tired from the storm that occur two weeks ago.

"Hey, you!" Someone called out from behind.

Snow turned her head to see it was Blue, a light gray golden retriever mix. He had a golden mane, and she still cannot give over the fact that Grove was his cousin.

"Do you want to go hunting?" Blue asked, with his brown eyes staring intently at her.

It reminded her of Grove and found herself confused and did not know what to say.

They turned her and gazed a bit to watch the other Wolfwings having finished setting up the camp for the day. *That was quick.* Snow thought, scanning for Dara or Grove or Zagi, but could not find any of them.

The dragon hiccuped as she thought of a response. She shifted back into her wolf form. Blue stared back at her patiently for an answer.

Snow remembered that the wolf pack agreed that the Angel is to remain in her wolf form when traveling as a white dragon was too easy to spot. It was not long before the pack realized that she could not fly, which was another reason for the long travel and her hiding her form.

A flightless Wolfwing is safer than a flightless dragon is what the Angel assumed.

The pack also warned Snow to tell no one about who she was or what she can do. They reasoned that most dragons summon fire or ice by their mouths, not their talons. 

But back home, they did both.

*I missed everybody.* Snow thought as she gulped. Blue was making her nervous, and the pressure to say yes was great. Grove and Blue's eyes may not be the same color but had the same look.

Everything was too different here, but it was also similar in a way.

Snow looked back at Blue who looks the opposite direction.

There was little to no connection between the Elements and yet, these furry dragons were interacting with them without knowing it. They remained close to the Earth and listened to Nature. They followed the Wind, and respect the Fire. They gave thanks to the Water and used the Light as a guide.

Snow sighed, feeling a bit homesick as she thought of her brother's lessons. Despite being taboo, Calamitous would study and try to learn about the other Elements.

"Are you going to answer me or continued to stare at me?" The Wolfwings named Blue asked.

Snow gasped as she broke free from her train of thought.

*So, they do have some animal instincts.* She studied his behavior and knew that the Angel was making him uncomfortable.

Snow also realized that Blue had floppy ears and looked more like a wolf pup than a wolf. Maybe it had something to do with the breeds or the fact that these wolves are becoming domesticated.

But by who?

"What? Do I have something on my fur?" Blue asked, turning his head from side to side to see anything.

Snow giggled from the light gray Wolfwing circling himself. "No, and thank you."

"For what?" Blue stopped checking himself and looked at her with his brown eyes.

"For reminding me of home." The Angel replied as the ocean breeze came from nowhere. The sounds of the ocean birds and the salty scent filled her nose. Snow closed her eyes taking in the surroundings.

"So, is that a yes or no?" Blue asked, causing her to open her eyes. "You are strange, you know that?"

Snow giggled again, causing Blue to smile. "I would love to go hunting."

Blue nodded and spun around, and gestured her to follow.

Maybe life here was not so bad. Maybe, it was a turning point, and the pack would make her feel included as Dara and Grove does.

The sun was rising as the animals and birds begin to sing as Snow followed Blue into a forest about Northwest of the camp, feeling hopeful of the future.

Maybe, I can feel at home again.