Chapter 12

Credit to Rider for art.

Credit to KilleroftheDrake oc, Sam

POV: Sam, King of Chaos

In a shapeless void that held no color was a place that was frozen in time as well in between life and death. There was no escape as the void appeared to go on forever as it shared no boundaries.

It was the home of the God of the Void, or some call him the King of Chaos. In truth, he went by many names; Illusion, Demon, and Sam. However, this shadowy figure had a name that was uncommon knowledge besides a few.

Sam was also known as the Keeper of the Banished as he would protect those that were cast aside and had nowhere to go.

The God of Void was not the only thing living here as shapeless beings called Chaos Hounds roamed the void acting as guards. The Holders, those that had accepted the Gift of Power and were cursed to be part of the void, often visited him to carry out business.

*Note: The Gift of Power is a nod to a roleplay that the authors did. There was a Book that held different versions of animus. The Gift of Power held every power and was used to protect the Book in any way. However, doing so will curse the user to be thrown into the Book to act as its Guardian. They also help Shadowings carry out their jobs.*

Sam had no grudge against the Holders or Shadowwings as there was an unsaid truce between them. They were creatures of the shadows after all.

The King of Chaos sighed deeply, as frustration began to build up. The Gods had finally gotten involved by getting to the Angel first.

Sam hated the Gods and Goddess in everything they stood for as all they cared about was the same thing as the Higher Angels in the other world.

There was another reason why Sam disliked these Gods and Goddesses. Long ago, the Great God of Creation, the Harvester had ruled the universes, and his job was to create and destroy everything.

However, his sons and daughter rebelled against him and found a weakness. They used it against him and cast him to sleep. They were not done. They slip his conscience throughout the realms, worlds, and universe. Thus, weakening his power.

There was a catch. If any of the parts of the Harvester came back to the first world, the Power Realm, then he could gain back his memory.

This was Sam, and he lived long enough to realize that the Gods and Goddesses would only repeat their actions. So, when this conscience was banished from a world that held one moon, not three, and relied heavily on the Elements was sent here. He gained his memories, and unfortunately for the other Gods. Sam was more powerful than any other conscience.

This was due to his exposure to the other world that he called Elemental, which had given him abilities that were unique to him.

At one point in time, the Elemental world was once the realm of the Shadows, but the Shadowwings eventually left it as they were welcome back to their old realms.

"I wondered what he is doing at this moment?" Sam wondered out loud as a Chaos Hound bound around him. The King of Chaos kept the portal open to keep an eye on the newcomer. Something was familiar about her, but he did not know what it was. "I wondered if the Angels of the Elemental would ever give me a break from cleaning up their mess?" He asked the Chaos hound, who tilted its head.

The shapeless figure yawned as only his deformed wings were visible. They were black but in the light. They become dark blue or green. His red eyes kept watching as the wolf with blue wings met Dara, the Wolfwing Princess, and her pack.

Sam was known as the Keeper of the Banished only by those that were banished from other worlds. There was only one reason why he took the name, and helped those that needed it. This conscience of the Harvester had come from the Elemental world and was an Angel that was banished here for disobeying the laws.