Chapter 3

Note: Dara of the Wolf wings is not my character. She belongs to Dragonrider (Rider), which is one of the authors of the series of Panthera Regina. Art by Rider

POV: Princess Dara

A very fluffy brown, black, with a touch of gray wolfing, was flying high in the sky towards to Kingdom of the sky. Her bright blue eyes were scanning the ground below her.

The wolfwing was lost in thought as she frown. The German shepherd and husky mix were not happy.

Not one bit.

Well, to be fair. She was never happy whenever King Crimson of the Skywings asked her to visit.

Dara looked to her left, then right. Three wolfwings and a mudwing flew behind her. She knew that Crimson would never try anything but Dara would be a fool not to bring guards with her.

The guards were mainly an excuse. If Dara was in the Palace for longer than two hours, one of the guards would create a believable lie to get her out of there.

The last thing she needed was to give Crimson an excuse to cause war. Dara shivered at the idea as it was obvious to everyone that the young King had a crush on her and would use war to get her to be his.

Like that is going to happen.

The five dragons landed on a white lined the gold platform. It was one of many used for guests. This one was designed for the royal guests that Crimson insisted that she used despite not caring for titles.

Half the time, she wondered if she wanted to become Queen.

The sun reflected off the platform, making it hotter than normal. Another reason why she hates coming here. Dara saw yellow, gold-orange, red sky wings scattered throughout the platform. There were multiple tents sent up as a trading port.

Dara turned to her small group and nodded. They all looked bored as she did.

"Okay, you know how these visits go. So, you guys can explore the Kingdom while I meet with the King." Dara commanded, which made her wolves and mudwing stand at attention.

She didn't feel threatened by Crimson and knew he wasn't the type to use dirty tricks. Sure he will use the threat of war to get her to marry him, but Dara knew that wouldn't go through with it.

"Are you sure that you will be okay?" Says a dark brown mudwing. He had light yellow eyes and deep orange wings. His pale yellow eyes had deep concern as he approached her with a small bow.

"Yes, I am certain. " Dara repeated. "Go have fun but remember to meet back here in two hours. If I am not here by fifteen minutes. Come find me with an excuse plan."

There was one time that this failed as the guard came to get her with only a plan to get her out and no lie. That was awful as Crimson thought it would be almost to exchange guards for a day.

Dara breathe in and out as she walked down the path to the Castle gardens. The gardens are where Crimson wanted to meet her in another attempt to get her to be his Queen.