Chapter 28

POV: Sam, the king of chaos

A shapeless being was watching from the distance. He was not following the target, but his portal was. The chaos hounds allow him to see through their eyes. This made it easy for him to keep target and not be noticed by the Gods or dragons.

Most of the time, chaos hounds outside the void are mistaken for shadows as they remained hidden. Only Shadowwings and Deathwings posed any threat as they could see through the shadows' true forms.

Sam watched Snow from the little portal and smirked.

Even at this very moment, he used his powers to keep the Jade Mountain Academy guards at bay and away from the pack. Sam might not care about the well-being of the Wolfwings and the Gods' chosen dog, but he did not want the Angel to be saddened.

As he was the Keeper of the Banished.

But it did get lonely from time to time, which caused him to spy and interact with dragons. However, not all of them are welcoming.

The King of Chaos watched as the Wild/Wolf/Fur tribrid lunged forward at Snow, only to be stopped by Dara. The Beta was surprised strong as it was clear that the mutt was in Fugent mode.

Sam wondered how long would the Wolfwing Princess last. "It is cute that the Mudwing thinks he could do anything against the Fugent." He chuckled slightly, but it did not feel right.

The shapeless being was confused that Death had yet to make an appearance. It both concerned and enlighten him.

The Princess had the mutt pinned to the ground but she was struggling to keep her hold. Sam wished the Chaos Hound was a bit closer to hear the words as the mouths moved up and down.

"Get another angle, and try to get closer," Sam spoke to the chaos hound that was watching them. The portal appeared to move up and down as the hound walked closer.

Everyone was too busy to see a shadow-like dog moving in sunlight to the shaded tree on their right.

"Despite being keen on nature, none of them figured out what triggered the mutt," Sam spoke to himself.

The whole scene started to get boring to watch as the mutt slowly came back to his senses. However, the tribrid acted differently from before, as if his instincts were still in control.

Sam leans forward wanting to intervene, but could not. He did not want to frighten the young Angel and did not how she would react to him.

*Trabea sanguis.*

Came to mind, and he knew that banished Angels from the past saw him as such. However, as time went on Creatures being sent here have almost ceased. Something changed.

Nearly, all Creatures fear Trabea sanguis.

It was like the realm had learned to develop a misguided fear about the tribe.

It kind of hurt his feelings to see them reacted in such a manner. Now, whenever a new creature is banished, Sam would be asked the aid of another banished one that lived here for a while.

But then the war happens, and the misunderstandings and ...

Sam growled and roared in frustration about the whole situation.

"Fear the Sun! Beware the Moon! The Stars will spell out Doom!" The green mutt spoke in a voice that was not his own. However, none of the other dragons thought it was strange.

Sam was puzzled by the remark that the mutt made.

No one from this realm should know about this warning. Even if by the slim chance he does, he would have been a banished spirit. Of which, the mutt was also not.