Chapter 2

POV: Snow

A month went by, and the Angel quickly learned that this world wasn't the Earth she knew.

For one, it had three moons instead of one. Two: the dragons appear to be the domain tribe here as she saw no other Great Beasts. Three: these dragons are different from the ones back home as these dragons appeared to be separate from one another.

Snow figured this out as the forest she was in mostly had similar body types of red, yellow, and orange dragons roaming. The fourth thing she learned is that the animals here don't speak. Well, at least Snow can't understand them, and they her.

So, for a month, Snow kept to herself. Avoiding the dragons of this land. She didn't want to be eaten and had no plans on how to talk to them.

However, life had its plans.

Snow was running for her life.

The forest zoomed passed by her as she focused on what was in front of her. These wings were useless, but she couldn't fly, to begin with. Snow lost the float stone necklace when Kelpie killed her. So, she couldn't fly.

Snow was born without the ability to fly and no one knew why. The doctors did everything they could, but nothing helped. So, Calamitous thought of a way for Snow to have a way of flying. Snow felt guilty that she lost it as Calamitous had created it for her first birthday.

Snow's brother wanted to keep her lack of flying a secret. She never knew why but never asked. So, he taught her how to fake flying by timing the wing flaps right.

The winged wolf jumped over a log and landed with a thud. This slower her speed as she began running again.

*I wished I pushed the flying matter with my brother.* Snow thought to herself as she might be able to escape from this situation if she could only fly.

Snow could tell that the dragon was using his wings to help with speed. He was playing with her as she knew he could go faster.

A game of cat and mouse that Snow knows she will lose eventually.

Finally, Snow tripped and rolled down a raven. Her fur became wet as the bottom of the raven led into a gentle stream.

Snow looked up at the raven to see a yellow dragon with dark orange wings. His red eyes were similar to a flame as he looked down at her. The dragon did a toothy grin as he leaped up and glided down to her. The ground shook around her as he landed.

The little Angel had lost the game before she was even given a chance. She tried to get up, but her right hind leg hurt. However, it didn't feel broken. Snow didn't realize how small she was until the dragon was inches from her. However, he appears no bigger than an African elephant from her world, so she needs to come up with a name for it.

"Found you." The strange dragon spoke, surprising her that she could understand him.

The yellow dragon grabbed her with the gentleness of a lion in his kill. In a matter of minutes, Snow was in the air, being carried away from the forest that she once knew. However, what the Angel saw next took her breath away as a Great castle in the mountains came into view.

*Maybe I was in the royal territory.* Snow thought. *I could try to explain, right? Maybe they will listen.* But her gut was telling her that they wouldn't.