Chapter 24

POV: Vita Skydrop of the Angels

Continued...

"Quaeso, restitue," Vita said once more. The words and colors appeared again. "Diffractionem lucis," The yellow fading to white Angel spoke. "Quaeso," She added, feeling a slight warmth from the scroll.

Diffractionem lucis was a trick she learned from the red-wing Angel. It was a spell that made light bounce off of the object to make it appear nothing was there. Refractio lucis was a similar trick to use for defense. No creature can not hurt you if it cannot tell where you really are.

However, Vita edited the spell with the word 'quaeso'. No one would able to undo the spell.

So, with a spell protecting the purpled-eyed Angel, she read on. However, someone was listening in as this spell did not stop the words being spoken.

"Scientia is believed to be the son of Wisdom and Thought. It is also rumored that he is the original great-great-great-grandson of Stardust, one of the original eight Angels." Vita stopped at the sentence.

*Strange. I never realized until now that Starlight could have gotten its name from Stardust. Did they rename themselves, or was it just a coincidence?* Vita thought as she tried to remember the names of the eight original Angels, who were born from the Elements.

"There was the Skydrop, which comes from the clouds. Chaoskeeper who was born from the storms. Sweetharmony is thought to have risen from the waves or some kind of eruption." Vita flapped her wings gently as she continued to think out loud. "There was Herbaslayer that is thought to be born from the result of Chaoskeeper's storms. Terrajewel has risen from the hot stone." The Angel knew there were three more, but the names were slightly forbidden as her tribe feared that saying them would bring misfortune.

*An Angel born from the rays of the sun was Sunray. Moonstone is believed to be the only original eight Angel to hatched from stones that fell from the sky. The last member was the youngest to be born as she was born from a dying star, Stardust.* Vita finished the thought as she knew there was an order to their coming of existence but forgot what it was.

She knew that Sweetharmony and Terrajewel were born at the same time and were once thought to be twins, while Chaoskeeper was before Herbaslayer was born. Skydrop is believed to be the oldest, but there is a debate about that. The argument is how could he come to form the clouds before the rays of the first light. It is universally accepted that Moonstone had to come, either before or after Sunray with Stardust being the last to appear.

Vita shrugged and started reading again. "Scientia had wings that were the color of blood with eyes that matched. The aura of Scientia was pure as if the warmth of the sun was blessing him. This Angel was a very promising Starlight, as he had surpassed many of his ancestors in terms of power..." The writing has begun to fade out as if there was a timer.

Vita had to act quickly and did not even know what happened before it stopped. However, the Angel did not even know what she did, but the words stopped vanishing.

The yellow-winged Angel continued reading and realized that a long-kept secret of history was visible. "Scientia was not banished for the reasons that were recorded," Vita whispered under her breath. "Scientia Starlight was banished not for attempting to save the old ones from the asteroid but for practicing the other Elements."

*Was it possible to practice the other Elements? But weren't they locked to only certain Strengths?* Vita thought as if her whole life was a lie.

"Despite, the Angel in question pleads. The Aliens of the Spiritual Strength were hunted down as it was believed they taught him how to access the other Elements." The book said as it glowed bright and dim. "No one knows how it happened, but ever since that day, a curse is placed on the tribe for its crimes."

Vita could not understand what the book was saying. "Our tribe is the curse?" She whispered as she read more. "Fear the Sun. Beware the Moon. The Stars will spell out doom." The glow of the book was beginning to fade in and out as if it was a warning. "Find the garden before the light turns dark." In a flash, words appeared and then disappeared as soon as the words were spoken.

Vita could not comprehend what that meant, but before she could do any more research. The book closed itself and flew out of her hands as if it was returning home.

*There is a spell on it to keep it safe.* Vita thought just as her father stood in front of her.

The Angel gulped as her father's expression was twisted in hatred and rage. His once-green eyes were now black, and his yellow wings appeared worn and old.

*Find the garden before the light turns dark.* Vita thought again as she watched her father carefully. His eyes narrowed as she gulped again.

Her father, Anima, leaned closer to her. "Give me one reason why should I save you again?" He said slowly in a threatening way.

-Five Hours later-

Vita was thrown into a cell at her father's home.

The cell was made of stone bricks with a giant window to allow the light in. However, the window was not glass but a barrier that kept Vita inside. The only way she could escape was to become a different Angel.

There was an old blanket and pillow to the right of the cell with a small desk to the left. There were writing supplies and books to read. This was a place where he used to send his child when she misbehaves in any way. The reason why she left in the first place is that it has gotten so bad when Anima was mad, he would send her down there.

It was not too bad. It could be worst.

*Father could beat me.* Vita thought with a shiver and thought of her mother. *Mother placed a spell on me when the divorce was finalized. It was to prevent Anima from ever hurting Vita in any way. I guess that much it works.*

Anima was not a very kind Angel but was not known to be cruel. He always made sure she was given enough food and things to do while in her punishment. However, that was when she was younger.

Vita waited for the rest of the day for anyone to come to see her, but no one came. No servants to bring her food nor to check up on her.

Night had fallen, and Vita was shivering with the blanket over her. "I guess, I do deserve this, but something is not making sense. Scientia was banished for practicing the other Elements, which should not be possible. For some reason, the Aliens are involved, and that strange warning. "Fear the Sun. Beware the Moon. The Stars will spell out doom. WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN??!!!!"

Vita hissed as she grabbed the pillow. Her purple eyes spotted the desk and floated over to it. The Angel thought of Calamitous and her mother as she wrote. *I should have left with you when you ask.* Tears fell from her eyes as she remembered that day.

Calamitous was at the gate leading to Earth. Snow had somehow managed to cross it without causing alarms to go off. Vita got there in time as the red-winged Angel called her. He begged for her to help, and all she could say was, "I can't."

Vita shut down the power to the gate as soon as Calamitous crossed over to it. She remembered the sadden looked he gave her as the brother went looking for his sister.

*I should have left with you.* Vita thought again as she pushed the paper back and allowed the tears to fall. *I failed you once again, but this time. This time, you can't save me.*