Chapter 29

POV: Snow Starlight, Angel

The Angel's body was cracking and breaking apart. The once beautiful white fur fell to the ground. Her claws shed off, as well as her ears and wings.

Snow was shifting, but it was painful.

The art of shifting or changing one's form never gives pain to the host. Well, that is not true. When creatures either did not shift at a young age, they would experience pain when they shift for the first time.

The other part was when the creature was rejecting the process.

Shifting was art and an act of balance with one's mind, spirit, and body. Any form of chaotic nature or doubt will give the host great pain.

It also lasts longer, as shifting in balance cause swift action, while imbalance causes delays.Snow screamed toward the sky as the wind swirled around her. She could no longer see outside as if the Wind was keeping her separated.

Memories of the past filled her head as tears fell. An image of her brother, smiling as he taught her the Elements.

Fire was protective but had a temper. This Element was often associated with teenagers stage. Water was considered to be calm and collective, but was passive. Then there was Nature, who was seen as a caretaker of the land but like Fire could become unstable and wild. Wind was the most playful but tend to hold grudges. Earth was the strongest but hard to convince. And Light was helpful but could give too much of itself.

They all had strengths and weaknesses.

And Calamitous believed they had emotions, strong emotions. He always told his younger sister that Elements have intense emotions because they do not have a body to let them out. This is why they bind to their host. They need to let the energy out, and their host will guide it.

Snow screamed again as she felt her body was breaking. She was reaching her limit. The pain was getting worst by the second and at this rate. She would be dead within seconds.

The Angel started to hear voices but was swiftly drowned out by the Wind.

"AHHHHHH!!!" Snow could no longer stand up as her bones were shattered. It was an awful feeling, and she could no longer handle it. "I'm sorry." The Angel whispered before collapsing.

Everything went dark as Snow finally broke down.

*-Hours Later-*

Blue eyes blinked open to see a whiteish-tan overhang. Snow felt something soft underneath her. There was a blanket on top of her. No one was around, and there was no light.

Then it clicked.

Snow was in Dara's tent, but how did she get there? And how long was she out?

The air was cool, but it was not completely cold. This meant that the sun only went down recently. Maybe about an hour or two ago.

Snow pushed herself up but collapsed. Something felt very strange about her body as if something was missing.

The Angel grabbed hold of the blanket and threw it off her. It was much harder to do now.

Once more Snow tried to stand up. She succeeded for a minute before stumbling forward. She tried to put her paws out to catch herself, but wings appeared instead.

Snow landed with a thud as she was surprised about wings, and they do not have the strength that legs do. She wished she didn't have to learn that the hard way.

The Angel gulped and finally took a good look at herself. There was no sign of injuries, but the fur was replaced with feathers.

Her once pure white fur was now pure white feathers of down. There were also hints of blues and greens along her body. The wings and tail feathers had the most coloration.

"No... No, no no..." Snow cried out as she realized what happened.

Snow hissed as she reached for Dara's handheld silver mirror that she always kept on her desk. It was both simple and elegant in design as if it was made long ago.

Snow had trouble trying to grab the mirror and cursed under her breath. "How did Breeze do this?!" She said with a growl but it sounded more like a chirp.

The Angel gave up picking up the mirror and decided to angle herself to see her face better.

Well, that was the plan.

Snow saw that her snout was now a beak of yellow. Her eyes were a different shape as she also lack visible ears.

The Angel stumbled backward and accidentally kicked the desk. The mirror dropped but didn't break. However, it fell in such a way that gave a view of Snow's whole body.

Tail feathers were almost twice her body length, and the pale blue wings were almost strictly blue and green. The legs that did remain were mint green.

This can not be happening.

But it was, and it is.

Angels cannot break down.

It was not only against their culture but also their DNA. Spiritual Strengths could not break down in ways that other Strengths could. It was just not possible.

But here we are, with Snoe doing the impossible.

"Am I going to become a demon?" Snow whispered as she kept turning her body to view the mirror. The Angel was praying that she was going crazy or having a concussion.

Snow studied her body once more. She carefully moved her body slowly in a circle, which was now much easier to see. The bird's head was slightly longer than she was used to and did not have to struggle to glance behind. The Angel lifts up her right then left leg. She opens her wings in and out and angles them to see the inner and outer parts.

Nothing looked corrupt.

Corrupted Angels would start to turn black or lose their form. However, this did not happen for Snow. Her coloration remained the same, and her body appeared stable.

Snow sighed and decided to leave the tent. Her friends have probably already seen this form and are worried for her. It would be rude if she kept them waiting.

As the Phoenix exited the tent, she noticed that the moon was at its peak. The hours that went by since she fainted must have been much longer.

*Great, even my sense of time is broken.* Snow thought bitterly but felt guilty for scolding herself. It was like Breeze or Calamitous was lecturing her about blaming herself for actions that were not her own.

"I guess this makes sense. Breeze would be out for weeks whenever she used too much energy." Snow mumbled to herself as she walked forward.

The camp was empty as if the pack was in the middle of packing. Beside the tent that was owned by Dara, there were no others. It seemed that Wolfwing wanted to leave as soon as the Angel recovered.

Snow felt guilty at the sight as she was to blame for their delay. She looked herself over once more, wondering if she would ever return to her new normal form.