Chapter 25

POV: Snow

The forest around Snow began, to sing as if doing the complete opposite of what they should be doing. The deer looked at the wolf with curiosity. She started to walk forward.

"GO AWAY!!!" The white wolf yelled as she flared her wings. She was trying to give the chance of the doe escaping.

The tan-colored animal became startled at the shout and turned around to run deeper into the forest. The forest started to become silent as if it finally recognized her as a predator.

The Angel watched the deer being swallowed up by the foliage as she sighed and turned around.

Blue, Starburst, Storm, and Lucky came out of the bushes with sour expressions. They did not even give her a chance to explain.

"You idiot!!! You scared it away!" Lucky growled deeply. His eyes were full of hate and malice.

Snow hung her head and watched the ground. A little black spider with a red hourglass symbol scurries across the ground. She smiled at the black widow.

"Heel!" Blue bark, causing the Angel to lift her head to look at him.

Snow tilted her head as she watched the wolfwings interacting with one another. It appeared that there are ranks within the ranks. Alphas are the parents or heads of the pack. Betas are chosen young to rule, while deltas and other titles work to ensure everything is in order.

*This reminds me of how Calamitous described ants, bees, and humans. Dragons here are acting kind to one another and working together.* Snow thought as she watched the wolves. *Dragons from my world only work together to get something from each other or destroy other tribes.*

"But Blue ..." Lucky whined but was snapped at by the silver-gray Golden Retriever Wolfwing.

"I DON'T CARE!!!" Blue yelled with a growl at the end. "If the Beta hears of this, then ..." He started as his eyes met with Snow's.

Snow had heard enough as she stood up. Without saying a word, she walked away, heading towards camp. *I don't want others to fear me because I have power or who I am friends with.*

The Angel heard her name being called out, it only made her run harder. Snow did not completely understand why, but she wanted to be with Grove.

Paws steps came from behind her. However, they sounded a bit different from the small group she was with. Almost all the wolfwings had a delicate to almost cat-like silence when they walked or run. Well, except Grove that is.

Snow did not look behind her to see who it was, she kept running forward.

*Remember, if you feel someone is chasing you. Keep moving forward. It will trip you up if you look behind you.* Calamitous echos ran through Angel's mind. *Only look back when you are prepared to fight.* Feather's words followed.

The white wolf with blue wings whined as she took the path leading to the campsite. The smell of the mountain, along with about forty Wolfwings, Rain/Sky hybrid, and Grove filled her nose.

Snow smiled as she could see the sunlight shining into the forest. The Angel only had a few more feet to go ...

Snow tripped on a log and tumbled forward. A crash was heard, and she looked around her wildly to see the stalker.

*Growl*

A deep growl that was unlike any other creature she ever heard.

Well, that was a lie. Well, half of a lie.

It was similar to a Griffin but had a Wolfwing characteristic to it.

*Growl* *Cracking* *Growl*