Chapter 6

POV: Snow

The Angel was surprised how close the camp was to the Castle as it took only less than ten minutes of flying. The sun didn't even have much in the sky from when they left the cast. From what she gathered in conversation, was the Kingdom of the sky.

When they landed, Dara picked up Snow from Grove's back as he offered to carry her. Snow didn't realize that she missed grass so much as the stones of the sky dragons had her on. She believes that Dara called them Skywings.

The sun was no longer visible from the ground as the trees created a shelter from the sky. It was far cooler down here which allowed her to also cool down.

*Maybe a wolf wasn't a good idea.* Snow thought but knew the island wasn't too hot at the time, which is why she went with a wolf that day. That and she fell in love with the canines.

Dara still with leash in talons nodded.

Speaking of the leash, the collar was starting to become uncomfortable. Snow now understands why Calamitous was against owning pets. The collars were too tight and nothing like necklaces.

"Grove, I am going back to my tent." Dara started with the Angel. However, Grove stopped her with his wing blocking her path.

"I don't think it's a good idea to bring her into your tent," Grove said, eying Snow with great uncertainty. "She could be a trap!"

Dara looked back at me and tilted her head. "She could, but I doubt it."

"But...." Grove looked really stressed, and Snow was starting to wonder if Dara should show more concern. However, she also didn't want to seem like a threat.

*I really don't want to be killed or eaten.* Snow whined in her head, but the looked that Dara gave her. The whined wasn't all in her head like she would have hoped.

"Look, Crimson thinks she was created by an Animus and escapes as any wild animal will do," Dara explained her reasoning.

*What is an Animus? Do they mean someone name Animus?* Snow wondered as the only magic users were under the magical strengths.

"It could be made by Sam?" Grove suggested in a more stern tone.

*Sam?* Snow repeated in her mind as she still couldn't speak because of the muzzle. The winged wolf also noticed how differently Dara treats Grove compared to the other wolfwings. It was almost as if they grew up together as she could sense there was some trust between them.

"I doubt it. Sam wouldn't be allowed anyone besides its target to be even near his creations. You know how paranoid he can get." Dara said.

Grove looked like he still wasn't convinced but moved out of her way with a sigh. "Just be careful."

"I know you hang around my tent at night. So, I know that you will be there whenever I get cuddled to death by her." Dara said with a giggle.

"Death by cuddles can be a thing!" Grove said with a blush.

"Maybe if you're the victim!" Dara barked as she gently pulls my leash.

Snow followed the wolfwing to a dark green tent as if it was attended to blend into its surroundings. Inside the tent had a light brown desk to the left of them and an oak chest beside it. To the right had pillows and blankets that were shades of blue. It reminded me a bit of how her room was set up.

As soon as they were both in, Dara closed the tent flap and turned to her. Her eyes appeared focused, and a growl left her throat. Snow gulped as the wolfwing came closer to her. She closed her eyes shut and realized her muzzle fell off.

"Now, I am not certain you can speak, but you appear to understand us in some way given by your behavior." Dara started staring at her. "So, I have a few questions for you."

Snow didn't know why but she nodded as a response.

The fluffy dragon took two steps back as she was surprised by her response.

"So, you can understand me." Snow nodded again. "Okay, let's do yes and no questions." There was a pause. "Were you created by an Animus?"

Snow didn't know how to answer that.

After a few minutes of silence, Dara sighed.

"Were you created by Sam?" She pressed by still Snow said nothing.

She didn't know what to say and was afraid that she couldn't speak.

"If you can speak, please try. I promise no harm will come to you." Dara sounded desperate in her tone.

"What is an Animus? And who is Sam, you keep on bringing up?" Snow finally spoke, and it appeared that it was more than just barks and howls as Dara appeared to hear her.