Chapter 19

Base by nectavinne (but Hound edited since they dont do hybrid bases so i had to merge qwq)

POV: Illyani, Sea/Sand

-Little Over Five years ago-

One belonging to each tribe of dragons inhabits a small village that remains isolated from the other tribes. It is so isolated that the Village of Spirits cannot be found on a map. Only Animus and special enchanted tail armor could create a portal to reach it.

Rumors spread far and wide about the Village being somewhere in the void. The Realm of Sam, the King of Chaos.

Even the God with many names could not reach the village as it was protected. There was a legend of a very special spirit that fled from the physical world to limbo. It is believed that the spirit's descents had a mission to reason with the Gods and Goddesses to protect the physical world.

After a half millennia passed, Zeus commanded the village to allow two outsiders every five years inside. The reason for this was to ensure that the village remained healthy and free from illness. There was a consequence as the bloodline became mixed, which caused the Animus gene to become rarer.

The sky was black, lacking the stars, the moon, and the sun. However, the village itself was brought to light from within its roads and buildings. There was no wind, the rain never fall, and the seasons never changed. The tribe of the Spirits called this place home as it give them safety.

A beautiful hybrid walked the white and golden halls of the Great Temple of Zeus, their main God. She was a Priestess, well in training, and was a promising one as her abilities only grew as she aged.

Only Animus users are allowed to enter as the Gods commanded it.

Illyani held her favorite scroll; *Legends of the Special Spirit* closer to her. The Sand/Sea hybrid brought it everywhere with her as it comforted her.

The young Priestess stopped and turned her head to look out of the open halls. The columns were white with golden lace within the stone. In the distance, corrupted howls and barks were heard.

*Chaos hounds.* Illyani thought at the sound. They were the only other creature that lived in the void. The village elders were always lecturing dragonets to never leave the village walls. *Once outside, the Gods and Goddess won't protect us.*

Illyani sighed and turned to a statue of Zeus on her right. She lightly touched it. The statue was old, but not weathered. However, the colors still faded with time. Many of the dragons worship Zeus but were free to follow other Gods or Goddesses of their choosing. However, there was a catch.

All must pay their respects to the Special Spirit with small thanks and be kind to one another. Illyani had no idea why respecting a Spirit is done through the act of kindness but heard her other clawmates thoughts on the matter. They think it is because the Special Spirit was escaping from something and never wanted anyone to feel that way again.

The Sand/Sea shrugged and started walking again.

The Village of the Spirits was safe, as no one could enter it without the Temple of Zeus glowing and singing its sweet song. However, everything must come to change.

Illyani yawned and wondered what it would be like to see a celestial body rising or setting. They must be beautiful as the light scatters the colors of the sky.

The Village of the Spirits worked all day and night as they worked in shifts. It needed to happen this way to keep watch and to ensure everything functions.

Illyani finally saw a bright light at the end of the hall. These halls were way too long and erie. She broke one of the rules by running to reach it faster.