Chapter 27

POV: Snow Starlight, of the Angels

The odd dark green dragon with fur and scales walked up to Snow slowly. His behavior was almost predatory but also freed. It made her blood run cold, as this is what prey must feel before being attacked.

The wind started to become wild as the hot breath of Thorn filled her ear. The Angel's chest became heavy at the words, and her whole body froze up.

The way that Thorn acted now, reminded her a bit of Feather as they both share a similar hunting walk. However, the words felt like a stabbing pain.

*Is this what it is like having your emotions connected with your soul and abilities?* Snow thought as she remembered Feather explained to her about Physical Strengths weaknesses and flaws. They tend to go blind with anger, and their abilities become wild and untamed.

Magical Strengths have been rumored to master the art of managing their emotions, while Physical allow them to run wild. Spiritual on the other hand, lock them away.

"You will spell doom if balance is found." Thorn's words echo in her mind as she started to lose focus.

Snow did not see the wild/wolf/fur heading towards the mountain instead of the forest. She did not hear her friends calling out to her. Everything started to become blurry.

The wind became stronger as the winds, become to shake wildly. Thunder roared, and lighting stuck to the ground. Rain hit the ground, and the Angel was unmoved and unaffected by it all. The wind was starting to become stronger now, causing the other dragons to stumble and fall. Hail and snow joined the rain as the weather started to reflect Snow's mental state.

The Angel could not feel her friends trying to shake her, nor the words of deep concern reached her ears. The once multi-shade blue eyes became glossed over as Snow's version became almost non-existing.

However, unknown to Snow, or her friends, a voice sang.

"Fear the Sun. Beware the Moon. The Stars will spell out doom!"

It kept singing on a loop, and it seem only Snow could hear it. She grabbed her ears, but it was like the voice was coming from inside of her.

Tears fell to the ground as Snow could not take it anymore.

The echo did not stop and got louder and more violent as time continued.

Snow closed her eyes shut in an attempt to block out the sound, but it did not help. The wind got stronger, the rain became violent, and the storm got bigger.

*Why was I sent here?* Snow thought as worried and anxiety filled every fiber of her being. At that moment, the Angel did not realize that she was causing the weather. *I need to gain back control.* She added, feeling a deep dread.

"Balance needs to be found." Words kindly swirled around Snow.

*Was the Elements speaking to her?* She thought, remembering the rumors about some Creatures having the ability to communicate with the Elements. Only her brother believed in those rumors. At least in terms of Angels.

"Balance can only be achieved by chaos." The words continued to swirl around Snow as if they wanted her to let go.

The Angel watched as the words went upward and onward. She reached out wanting them to come back. Snow felt so alone and could not feel, anyone, touching or talking to her.

It was like the Elements wanted her to be alone.

"I don't want to be chaotic," Snow whined as she crumbled to the ground.

Being chaotic was the way of the demons. It is not natural to find it chaotic and broken. Angels are meant to be a symbol of peace, stability, and hope.

"I can't let go, but it hurts." Snow crouched to the ground wanting the pain to go away.

The wolf with wings felt a paw on her shoulder which surprised her. She looked up to see it was Breeze, an elegant blue and red Phoenix. The flames of her wings remain alive but show no threat of catching fire.

Snow teared up as she quickly gets up to hug Breeze. They hugged one another tightly. The Angel wanted this to be real. It felt so real.

"How are you here?" Snow said with tears streaming down her face. A part of the Angel did not want Breeze to answer, fearing that if she does, she would disappear.

"I lived in your memories and powers," Breeze replied in a sweet tone that Snow remembered.

"Why did they send you?" Snow asked, feeling a bit confused.

The face of the Phoenix was so kind and gentle that Snow's heart began to heavy. "As an Angel, there are fail-safes to help protect you." Breeze paused and placed her wing around Snow. She pulled her into a hug. "Your body is trying to prevent you from breaking."

It felt like Snow was preparing to leave, and she grabbed her wing. Tears cloud her eyes. The Phoenix pulled the Angel in closer, and they stood there like that for a while.

But it did not last.

Breeze pushed Snow away to look at her. "But you need to break down. Angels have this crazy habit of keeping everything inside of them until they explode." The Phoenix voice in concern.

"But I can't." Snow cried as she buried her face into Breeze's chest. "Please, don't leave me alone."

The wolf with wings felt the large wings of the Pheonix rubbing her back. Breeze always felt like an older sister to the young Angel. She was the closest thing she had to a sister and sometimes even a mother. Breeze always found the right words to give comfort.

Snow did not realize how much she missed her friends, her brother, and her ... and Feather. The Angel was holding the pain all this time, and it was only a matter of time.

"Snow, listen," Breeze said in a rushed tone as her body started to disappear. "Phoenix often has a ritual every year to prevent an outburst. It's the sole reason, why my tribe doesn't destroy half of the world." The Phoenix paused as her eyes gave tears. "We allowed ourselves to feel the pain, joy, and anger that life cruelly and kindly gives to us." Snow could see through Breeze now. "You need to let go and feel again. Please ..." With that Breeze faded away and never finished her sentence.

"PLEASE, DON'T GO!!!" Snow cried as she was not ready for her friend to leave. She did not want to be alone.