Chapter 18

Template by Cliparts.co, considered a free download

POV: Snow

About two hours later...

The white dragon with blue eyes and wings stood out in the forest. It was odd how the celestial bodies had vanished during the attack but reappeared after. The sun was about partway in the sky as the scent of rain traveled with the breeze.

Snow watched from the tree limbs as wolfwings, scurry across the camp to get everything ready. Half of the tents were already taken down with only a few things left.

The dragon turned her head in the direction of the fire that came from her. Unlike, the fire from before this one had eaten its fill. As a result, trees were reduced to ash, and some of the wolfwings have burnt marks.

For the first hour, Zagi, Grove, and Dara had stayed by Snow to ensure her safety and to comfort her. However, at the start of the second hour, Delta and Beta decided that they should probably leave the area.

The black dragon stayed behind and explained what happened when Snow was under control. Illyani was in pure shock and was trapped in a circle of fire snakes. The white dragon had unknowingly cast a spell or asked the fire to mimic the snakes that she commanded. Zagi also gave her information about the tribe she was in, which was a sea/sand hybrid. Illyani was a Pristress and a Princess of a faraway tribe but threw it all away to become a bounty hunter.

After Zagi showed Snow the easy way to climb trees without using wings, she was left alone.

It was hard to see Dara and Grove doing their own thing than Zagi, but was glad for it.It gave her a chance to reflect on what had occurred.

Snow closed her eyes as her tail curled around the tree limb for balance. The breeze was gentle, but the dragon ignored it. The Angel did not know if it was better that she had no memory of what she did or the fact that she did not. It made Snow nervous about not remembering to use her abilities.

*I never realized that Fire was so different compared to Water or Light. I can't imagine what the other Elements would be.* Snow thought as fear started to creep in. The Angel sniffed the air as something was off. Snow opened her eyes to see that the tree limb she was sitting on was slowly burning.

"AHHH!!!" Without thinking and with a shriek, the Angel jumped off the tree limb.

Snow landed on the grass with a thud and a headache. On instinct, she grabbed for her necklace, which was no longer there. The Angel looked up at the tree to see the broken branch. Snow only noticed that the tree was an elm and had pine needles instead of leaves.

At a time, all plants looked the same to Snow, until Feather taught her the difference. Everything reminded her of home, and it hurts every single time.

*Why can't I remember calling the Fire, but I can remember them?* Snow thought as tears threaten to fall.

"Why didn't you say something earlier?" Snow heard Grove hiss at someone.

Snow turned her head to see the Mudwing and black dragon with golden eyes and golden veins walking towards her. They did not appear to notice that the white dragon had fallen from the tree.

Zagi lifted his right talon in the air as they walk. "You should be lucky that Illyani didn't recognize me." He replied in a concerned tone.

Snow stood up and dusted herself off. The white dragon watched and waited a little more for the males to get closer. She noticed that the conversation faded as they got to her.That irritated the Angel.

Sun and Calamitous would do the same thing. They would appear to be talking, but whenever Snow got close enough. The conversation would randomly end. Feather did not do this as much, while Breeze was an open book.