Chapter 20

Drawing by Wild101life

POV: Snow

Snow was starting to miss the sun as the newcomer had smoke coming from his scales. It was odd that so many creatures could influence celestial bodies. Where she came from, not even the Angels could control them.

The dragon was nearly all black with red eyes and dark red wing membranes. He wore a black cloak that his nearly cover face. However, when the newcomer did remove the hooded part of the cloak. It revealed twisted horns that had a sharp point at the end. Snow took a small glance to see the tail was pointed at the tip, as well.

The newcomer had smooth and rough scales, while the Mudwing and the rain/sky only had one type of scale. The snout had a bird of prey-like beak that hooked at the end.

Snow looked at Zagi, Grove, then Dara before understanding how much bigger the newcomer was. It was also clear that the rain/sky was not related to the stranger.

*And I thought the Wolfwings were small.* Snow thought as she studied the difference between the tribes.

"What are you doing here?!" Dara growled, as her necklace shined. However, it appeared it was not reflecting the sunlight as it came from the jewel itself. "Deathwings are forbidden in the overworld unless they have permission or a good reason!"

The trees started to appear deformed the longer he stayed. The Angel felt her heartache at the sight as if she could hear the trees crying. The wind blew softly as it forced her fur to face in one direction.

Despite, Snow's feelings, the old black dragon laughed as he bend closer to the black and brown Wolfwing. He whispered something in her ear that turned her pale, and her eyes widen in fear.

Snow has begun to feel uneasy and growled in response. *Oooo, I didn't know I could do that.* She thought as the Angel growled again but for fun this time.

Suddenly, Dara has pushed aside and shielded by dark orange wings. The Mudwing growled even deeper than Snow could in her wolf form. The growl sounded more like a Wolfwing.

"I will say this only once." Grove hissed slowly. "I don't care that you are the King, but if you get this close to the Beta again, or any of them. I will have your head or die trying!!!" The Mudwing snapped his jaws.

The Deathwing looked amused more than anything as he lifted his head tall. The King appeared regal before chuckling. "I will make a note of that for when you die." He replied in a spine-chilling way.

It made Snow worried, and wanted to stand beside Grove but could not move. She glanced at Zagi, who was doing a poor job of trying not to shiver. The Deathwing noticed the two and smirked.

The Deathwing started to walk toward Zagi and Snow, which did not help their spirits. "I see why the gods are finally getting involved." The King slowly said as he circled the two. "It is not every day that someone else gets to an ..." The black dragon with red eyes started but was interrupted by a growl. "It seems that an Angel is finally showing her emotions."

Snow wanted to go backward, but a tree was blocking her path. The young Starlight wanted to do something to protect her friends but could not. She was frozen.

"STAY AWAY FROM HER!!!!" Zagi, Dara, and Grove said in unison. They surprised each other as they exchanged glances.

The black dragon with golden lights running through his veins and scales was the closest to her. Thus, he took a fighting stance. Despite the sun being blocked, the rain started to fall.

*The dragon can block the sun but not the weather.* Snow learned as she tried to focus.

The Deathwing took one step closer to the white dragon and bowed as he was merely a few feet away. The King practically pushed Zagi aside with his giant wings as he bowed.