Chapter 40

A/N: Hello people! Im alive and well. It's been a while since I last updated, and I have a lot to update you on. My friend died in the beginning of june, so I'm still slowly grieving from that. I also just finished up my internship, and now school is starting up again. But anyways, here's a chapter for you guys! hope you enjoy!

-Louis' P.O.V

"Harry, I don't know what to do," It's been a couple of days since Jeremy's real death. Jamie was okay to go to school. He said so himself, but Anna cried everyday. She cried at random times throughout the day, so I kept her home. She was hurt, and it wouldn't be right to force her to sit in a classroom all day and pretend to listen to what her teacher was saying.

She was in her room right now just laying under her covers. Harry and I were in our room while Elizabeth slept in her room for a quick nap.

"I don't know what to do," I said.

"About?"

"My dad. You said that Jeremy said to leave. Or to get the kids out of here,"

"We do have the cops around the house," Harry reminded. "24/7," I nodded.

"Yeah, that's true," I responded. "I just want to know why they killed him," I shrugged. "I'm so mad, Harry,"

"I know you are. I hate to even suggest this, but maybe you should see Joe," I rubbed my face.

"Yeah, that thought did cross my mind. I should call him-" Just as I said that, my phone rang. Joe's name came up. I leaned over to peck Harry's lips before answering the phone. "Hello?" Harry grabbed my free hand and kissed my knuckles. I smiled at my pregnant husband, as I waited for a response.

"Louis, we need to talk,"

"You think? That's pretty obvious, isn't it? If we meet somewhere, are you going to kill me?"

"No, fuck no. What I said was all true, Louis. Please,"

"Where?"

"I'll come there," I let out a deep breath.

"There's nowhere else we can go?"

"No," I looked at Harry.

"Okay. I have police surrounding my house, so don't try anything,"

"Alright Son, I'll be there in fifteen minutes," We hung up and I looked at Harry.

"He's coming here?" I sighed and nodded. "Shit," I nodded again. "Okay,"

***

Fifteen dreadful minutes went by and the buzzer to the front gate went off. We told the police to let my father by. The doorbell ringing made Harry and I stand up from our bed. Hand in hand, we went downstairs and slowly opened the door together. Joe had a huge bruise across his right cheek.

"What the fuck?" I blurted as I let him inside.

"Hello, son. Afternoon, Harry,"

Two sets of feet were heard behind us on the stairs. The doorbell probably got their attention.

"Girls, come here," I said. They both shyly walked down, both going over to Harry who stood furthest from my father. "It's alright," I assured them.

"Hello, girls," He gave them a light wave and smile. Anna looked down at her feet while Lizzie did give a slight wave back. She also actually smiled back at him. "Adrianna, I am so sorry to hear about your father," Anna looked at him.

"T-Thanks, I guess," She said softly. She glanced at me, and I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Can I make us some tea?" Harry asked.