Chapter 9

-3rd Person P.O.V

When Alex came back to the house with Jamie and Anna, Louis explained to Alex the situation and asked her the favor of driving them there.

"Yes, I will bring you there, and I will help you both inside, but I will not come face to face with that man. He held me at gun point before, and I don't want to look at him,"

"That's fine, Alex. We just really need to go. The cops offered us a ride home, so you don't even have to stay." She sighed and the family followed her into the car. Anna pushed Harry, helping him in the passenger seat because it was easier for him to get to. Louis sat in the back seat next to Jamie who sat in the middle seat, since Elizabeth needed the car seat which was next to the window. The car only had five seats, so Anna sat on Louis' lap, not putting too much pressure on his ribs.

"Daddy?" She said, leaning her head on his chest.

"Hm?"

"I don't wanna go," Louis pressed a kiss to her temple.

"I know, baby, but this will help us keep Dad, your brother, and your sister safe. And you and I as well," She sighed and just watched out the window. She was trembling slightly, and Louis noticed that when he looked at Jamie, his ears were nonexistent, and he too, was trembling. There were tears in his eyes. He was terrified, and all that he wanted was for Harry to hold him. "You guys will be fine,"

"He can't be that scary," Lizzie said, hopeful. "He's my grandpa! I bet he's super super nice," Louis couldn't help but smile weakly at her, imagining what it would be like to have a decent father and a decent grandfather for his kids. Jamie turned and glared at her.

"You've never met him," He spat, a hiss following.

"Hey," Harry warned. "Enough of that," He told his son. Elizabeth hissed back at him.

"He's never met me and I never seen him before, Jamie. He might be nice to me," She argued. "Just because he doesn't like you or dada doesn't mean he won't like me,"

"He won't," Jamie spat. "He tried to kill me and Dad, and he kidnapped Adrianna. He's not going to like you-" Harry cut him off.

"Both of you, cut it out!" He yelled, but not too loudly. "Jamie, there is no reason for you to be talking to her like that. Don't scare her,"

"Why? I'm just telling her the truth!" He yelled back at his father. His ears fell flat against his head. Harry didn't notice the tears that quickly filled up his eyes, but Louis did. He watched his son with concern.

"Do not raise your voice at me, young man," Jamie's lip trembled.

"Just because she's a little kid, doesn't mean he'll like her! He tried to kill m-me when I was a l-little kid!" He yelled, not being able to hold back his cries. "I-I wanna go h-home," He pleaded.

"You don't think I know the situation we're in, Jamie? I know that. I know what he did to us and our family, but that does not give you the right to be a brat to your sister" Harry told him. Jamie looked at Louis for help, who then shook his head to tell him they couldn't turn around to go home.

"Listen, everything's going to be fine," Louis assured him. "I know he scares you. I know that," He cupped his sad face into his one hand, rubbing his tears away with his thumb. Louis let the little boy cry softly and lean into Louis.

"D-Daddy, he s-shot me a-and I almost d-died," He said. Louis looked down in shame as he remembered the state he met Harry and Jamie for the first. Harry had Jamie, nearly dead, in his arms. He was so afraid that he'd lose his son, but some miracle came to life and saved that little boy. It was a sight Louis never wanted to see again.