Chapter 23

-Louis' P.O.V

The doctor requested that Jamie stay another night, so the girls and I actually ended up staying with Alex because we didn't want to be home since my dad is suddenly out of jail for a reason he never told me, as well as my uncle. Niall and Liam were over today at Alex's just to help out and calm me down as well as the kids. We we're all traumatized, and it was difficult because I had to hide how nervous I was from my kids to keep them sane.

Right now, the girls were on FaceTime with Harry and Jamie in the dining room while the four adults sat in the living room. I had a cup of tea in my hands, sipping it every once in a while.

"And your dad never said how he got out?" Alex asked, sipping her own cup of tea.

"Nope. It makes no sense. Like I don't know what my uncle did, but obviously he did something," I looked at Niall. "You need to be careful too," I said.

"I know," he said with a tiny smile.

"Alex do you have any snacks?" Adrianna asked, walking into the room while Elizabeth was still on the phone with her dad and brother.

"Yeah, what do you want?" She said. She got up and took Anna into the kitchen. It was an open floor plan, so every room (dining room, kitchen, and living room) were attached.

While those two were out of ear shot, I turned to my best mates.

"No, but seriously. I don't know what either of them have planned, so please just be extra cautious,"

"Louis, don't worry about me," Niall told me. "Just focus on your family. I'm going to be fine. My son is going to be fine," he placed his hand on his bump that was quite large now. "Have the police contacted you? Or have you called them?"

"They called me yesterday and basically just told me my dad escaped, in which I told them I already knew that because he was at my house, so they're on the lookout,"

"Well that's good, right?"

"I guess," I just shrugged.

I watched from the corner of my eye as my youngest child got down from the table, coming over to me with my phone in her hand, still talking to Harry.

"Love you too, Dada," she blew him a kiss. "Wanna say bye to Daddy?" She asked him.

"Sure baby," She gave the phone to me. I waved to my husband and son. "Hey smexy," I just laughed softly. "How's everything?"

"Everything's fine. How's Jamie doing?"

"He's good. We'll be home tomorrow,"

"Good. We miss you,"

"We miss you guys too," Elizabeth crawled her way into my lap, looking at Harry. Adrianna and Alex returned and sat on the spare couch. My half-kitten daughter took my phone from my hands and kissed Harry on the screen.

"Aw thanks baby," Harry said, chuckling. "Another one?" He said, puckering his lips. She giggled and kissed my phone again. "You're the best,"

I rested my chin on Lizzie's shoulder as her back was leaning against my chest, my eyes on my husband.

"You're pretty," I accidentally blurted out. Harry blushed lightly.

"So are you," he responded. I laughed softly.

"You guys are so cute that you're disgusting," Niall said and fake gagged.

"You guys are gross too," I shot back at him. They were cuddled up with each other on the couch, Liam's hand on Niall's bump. Anna walked over and stood behind the couch, hugging my neck and resting her cheek on my shoulder. "Hi, honey," I said.