Chapter 26

-3rd Person P.O.V

Anna walked into the house after Louis went and picked her up. She ended up telling Lexi that she couldn't have her come over. She just quickly came up with a quick lie, saying she had a dentist appointment that she forgot about. She was acting weird the whole car ride home, not talking much, which was weird because she always rambled about her day. Louis didn't really take much notice to it, thinking she was just tired. He smiled at his baby as she went over to hug Harry. Harry hugged her back, rubbing her small back gently.

"Hey sweetheart. How was your day?" He asked.

"Good," Was all Anna mumbled back. "You alright?" She nodded. "Love you,"

"Love you, Dad," She then rushed upstairs, claiming she had to get her homework done.

"Is she alright?" Harry asked.

"Um," Louis paused, lifted Lizzie into his arms as she ran over to say hi. "I don't know," Louis passed Lizzie over to Harry. "I'm gonna go check on her," So, Louis went on up and knocked on Anna's door softly. "Hey, Anna? It's Daddy. Can I come in?"

"It's unlocked," Louis twisted the doorknob, opened the white-wooden door, and walked inside, closing it behind him. He smiled at his beautiful daughter who sat on her bad, her math homework on her lap. He took a seat next to her, putting an arm around her, kicking his legs up so they were resting on the bed. "You alright today?" She put her pencil down and looked at Louis.

"Yeah, I'm fine," She lied. How could she be fine after seeing her father at school who was supposed to be dead?

Louis pursed his lips.

"You sure? You know you can tell me anything, right?" The little girl nodded.

"Mhm. I know, Daddy,"

At school the next day at recess, Anna watched as her dead-but-alive-father's cat strolled by the fence again. The young girl immediately got up from the swing, telling Lexi she'd be back. Lexi stayed on the swing with Noah and Jonah while Anna hurried over to the cat, knowing Jeremy would be there too. She crouched down and put her arm through the hole in the fence to pet the cat who rubbed up against her hand.

The small girl looked up when she saw someone walking over, a smile on her face as Jeremy stood by a tree. She quickly hopped the fence and ran over to Jeremy, hugging him.

"Hey, there sweetheart," He said, a big smile on his face. "How are you, love?"

"Good," She said as he lifted her up. She rested her head on his shoulder.

"Did you tell your dad I was here yesterday?" Anna leaned back in his arms to look at him in the eyes.

"N-No," She said, shyly, looking down at the button on Jeremy's shirt, her fingers playing with the top button.

"Hey, that's alright. You don't have to."

"Am I allowed too?" Jeremy smiled.

"Sure, honey," Anna smiled big and hugged her father. Jeremy took Anna and sat with her under the tree, pulling his cat onto his lap."So," He started. "Wanna tell me a bit about you? You've grown into the most beautiful girl," Anna smiled.

"Um," She paused and shrugged. "My Dada is a hybrid kitty," She started, which caused Jeremy to stiffen unnoticeably. "And my brother is a kitty too, and so are my little sister and the twins that Dada's pregnant with. We don't know if they're boys or girls, but I think Daddy and Dada have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to see what they are,"

"Oh," Jeremy was a little shocked to know that the other adult taking care of Anna was a hybrid.

"He's the best dad ever," Tears unintentionally coated Jeremy's eyes, but he pushed the tears away to keep them from falling.