Chapter 11

-Louis' P.O.V

Since I agreed to let them release my father, Harry hasn't spoken to me properly in three days. He was beyond pissed and refused to speak to me unless it had something to do with the kids. I was on the sofa in the living room, doing work from my laptop while the TV was on in the background, and Harry was up in the office getting schoolwork done. The older two kids were at school, and Lizzie was somewhere in the house. Probably in her room. I sat there as I typed my essay, wondering if the decision I made was rational. I was just as uncomfortable with him being let go. They weren't going to let him go for another like, two months so it wouldn't make him suspicious. 

Not being able to focus, I set my lap top down and went into the kitchen to make myself tea. I missed Harry, and I missed talking to him and being all lovey dove with him, and I just wanted him. When the tea was done, I put milk and sugar in my cup, and I debated whether or not to make Harry one... I did anyway. I made his the way he liked it, bringing it up to him. I gently knocked on the door and opened it to see him sat at his desk in full concentration mode as he wrote what looked like an essay. He looked up at me as I set his cup next to his arm. 

"Thank you," Was all he said, turning back to his paper.

"God, I hate this," I said out loud. "Can you talk to me? Say something? 

"I did," He muttered. 

"No, like a real conversation," He gestured towards his essay. 

"I'm busy," 

"Why are you being such a dickhead?" His eyes widened as he sipped his tea, setting it down.

"You're asking me why I'm  being a dickhead? You're the one that told the cops to release your father from jail!" 

"Only for a short amount of time! We're trying to get anyone dangerous off the streets and away from our  children!"

"By putting more danger on the street? How the hell does that make sense! Your dad isn't stupid Louis. You don't think he'll figure out what's going on? He's not an idiot! He'll figure it out and come up with a plan to make sure one of us gets hurt. But that doesn't matter because it won't be you and it won't be Anna getting hurt!" My eyes widened and I was so mad that I too, had to set my cup of tea down. 

"Did you really just say that? Elizabeth is my child too! And Jamie is my son whether we're biologically related or not! Why would you think I would put my needs before theirs? I could care less what happens to me! I care and love them all the same! Why would you even say that to me?" He pinched the space between his eyebrow. 

"Because you just carelessly throw criminals on the street. I get that's your dad, but let's not forget the time he nearly killed my son. Twice! He kidnapped your daughter, for god's sake!" He shut down his computer and tried to get up, but I stopped him.

"Where are you going? Your wheelchair is across the room," 

"Can you get it for me?"

"You can't get down the steps by yourself," I said. 

"Elizabeth!" He called. She came in with a frown, probably hearing our fight considering her bedroom was next to ours. "Wanna help me down the stairs, darling?" 

"You can't drive either," I pointed out.

"I can try," 

"You're not leaving the house," 

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" 

"Fine. You stay here. I'll go," Elizabeth just stood there, unsure of what to do, looking between Harry and I.