Chapter 27

-Louis' P.O.V

I gripped my daughter's hand, unintentionally tight, as I stared at her father in the face. My breathing quickened, and I began to just cry. 

"J-Jeremy," I whimpered, let got of Anna's hand, and threw my arms around my ex-husband's neck. Was he my ex? Was I still married. "Y-You're supposed t-to be dead?" I sobbed. "I-I thought you died," My voice cracked as I stepped back to look up at the man, who had sadness in his eyes. 

"I-I'm sorry, Louis. I had to lie. I'm so sorry. And before you ask, no. We are not married. I forged your signature to get a divorce," Anna went over to Harry who finally walked down the stairs, just standing there, unsure of what to do in this awkward situation. I couldn't even imagine what was going through his head. I mean, his husband's dead husband just came back to life, basically. 

"Dada? Where'd you go?" Lizzie whimpered on her way down the stairs, sniffling as she looked for Harry. She must have just woken up. 

"Harry," I said, my voice shaky. "This is Jeremy," I said, wiping a tear. He lifted Elizabeth into his secure arms, her bum resting on his small baby bump, and made his way over to us.

"I-It's nice to meet you," Harry said awkwardly, shaking Jeremy's hand with the free hand that wasn't busy holding our daughter. Jeremy smiled at the little girl.

"And what's your name, sweetheart?" Lizzie looked between me and Jeremy, her shyness appearing. She could probably sense the tension in the room. 

"Tell him your name, baby. It's alright," I assured. She shook her head and hid her face in Harry's neck. "This is mine and Harry's daughter, Elizabeth. She's three," 

"It's very nice to meet you," Jeremy said in his little kid voice, but Lizzie still refused to look at him. He frowned.

"She's always shy around strangers," I informed. Jeremy just nodded.

"Understood,"

I invited Jeremy to sit, and so we all joined together in the living room. I sat with Harry and Lizzie on the two person couch while Anna sat on Jeremy's lap, clearly 100% comfortable with the man, on the one person chair. 

"Can I get you anything? Tea or something?" Jeremy smiled kindly at me.

"Sure, just sugar and-" I cut him off.

"No milk. I know," I said rather quickly. I was married to the man. I knew the way he liked his tea. I noticed Harry shift sitting positions as I got up and went into the kitchen to start the tea. 

I walked back into the room once the tea was done, the tension even thicker than it already was. I handed Jeremy his tea and also gave Harry and myself a cup.

"Thank you, love," Harry said, pressing his lips to my cheek. I smiled and pecked his lips. Jeremy looked down for a second before looking back at us. 

"So, can you explain? You were supposed to be dead. I saw your body before you were cremated," Elizabeth shifted on Harry's lap and leaned over to me to whisper in my ear. 

"Who is that, Daddy?" I turned so I was facing her, kissing her forehead. 

"Anna's other daddy," Lizzie looked at Jeremy and then to Harry, her ears flattening as she sunk back into Harry's safe and warm arms.  

"But Dada is her other daddy," 

"I know, but Anna was in his belly. You know how you, Jamie, and the new babies are in Dada's belly?" Lizzie nodded. "Well, Anna was in Jeremy's belly instead,"