Chapter 25

Jackson Rathbone though ^^^^

-Louis' P.O.V

Things have been quiet. My birthday and Christmas passed smoothly and the new year had begun. We were back at our home with cops lining the outside of the house. We felt safer that way and didn't want to be burden to Alex any more. Today was Anna's first day back at school. Jamie's stomach still needed time to heal, so he wasn't going back just yet. Things were so quiet, and it was making me a little weary because the cops have yet to give us any new information, telling me that they've found no traces of my father and uncle.

"Louis, can you come down here!" Harry called from d ownstairs. He was supposed to be getting Anna ready for the day and everything. I sighed and got up from bed, quickly getting dressed and brushing my teeth before going downstairs. "She doesn't want to go," I checked the time and Anna had to leave in ten minutes. 

"Honey, why not?" I asked, going over and hugging her. 

"I don't want to go by myself. Why can't Jamie go?" 

"His belly still hurts, baby girl. Nothing will happen. Promise. Dad and I will be there after school to pick you up. Plus, Lexi will be there, yeah?"

"Y-Yeah, but I want Jamie to go too," 

"He can't honey. He'll be there next week," My daughter wrapped her arms around my waist. I kissed the top of her head before she let go and went to grab her lunch box and to put her shoes on. When she was ready, she grabbed her coat and put it on, taking Harry's hand.

"C'mon," Harry said gently. "I shall return," He said, walking out the door with Anna to bring her to school. 

When Harry returned home, I was sitting on the couch in the living room with Jamie watching TV.  Lizzie was still asleep which was odd because she normally was the first one awake. He hung up his coat and slipped his shoes off, coming over and joining me on the couch, putting an arm around me and kissing my cheek. 

"Lizzie still asleep?" He asked, and I nodded. "That's weird. Should we check on her?" 

"Yeah, I'll be back. Stay with Jamie," I said and got up, heading up to my daughter's room. I quietly creaked the door open and peaked inside to see her still fast asleep. She laid on her stomach, her face turned to the side to face me with her hair going in all directions and her mouth open a bit, her thumb resting next to her face, telling me she had been sucking her thumb. I debated whether or not to wake her up. I bit my lip and went over to her, gently and without waking her, placed my hand on her forehead to see if she had a fever. Luckily, she didn't.  I wondered why she slept this long.

Before I let the room, I placed my lips on her forehead to give her a small kiss. She stirred, and I mentally cursed myself when I saw her eyes flutter open. 

"Hey there, munchkin," I said quietly and sat on the edge of the bed next to her feet. "You can go back to sleep if you'd like. I'm sorry for waking you up," She sat up and made grabby hands towards me. I let her crawl in my lap and just snuggled her for a moment, rocking her gently. 

"Dada," She said quietly.

"Want to see Dada?" I asked and received a nod in return, so I stood up with her in my arms and brought her downstairs to my boys who were cuddling on the couch. My husband looked over when he noticed we were in the room, a big smile on his face at the sight of his daughter. 

"Hello sleepy head" He said. I smiled and placed her in his lap where she nuzzled her cheek on his chest. "You feeling okay today?" He asked her.

"Uh huh," Elizabeth responded and closed her eyes again on his chest, falling asleep almost immediately.