4| Duties

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Duties

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 4: Duties (Christian's POV)

"Mr. Lukov," Sam greeted me as soon as I stepped out of my car at the entrance to my apartment building. 

"Sam," I nodded in response. 

"The clients looking for an apartment in the building dropped by today to have a look. We finalized a lease for a year not too long ago, I was just on my way out," he explained. 

"Good, make sure to email me the copy of the lease." 

"Yes, sir. Have a good night." 

I nodded in response and entered my building, a faint sigh of exhaustion escaping me. 

"Mr. Lukov," Nadia smiled from where she sat on one of the couches in the main lobby. 

"Nadia," I replied as I walked towards the elevator and stepped into one, closing the doors. 

Sam and Nadia were among my agents who worked at this particular building of Lukov Apartments and helped tenants finalize leases on behalf of our company. Similarly, I had various agents working for different buildings that we owned and ran independently. 

Walking out on the top floor, I unbuttoned the black suit jacket I wore and slid it off, draping it over my arm as I headed down the hall and stopped at the end where the door stood as the entrance to the penthouse. 

I reached down, touching the keypad before typing in the four-digit passcode and then pushing the door open, heading inside, however, I stopped myself in the doorway and warily took a look around at all the lights that were already switched on and the faint music playing from the kitchen that was abruptly paused just a beat later. 

I glanced at the time on my watch and then walked to the kitchen, dropping my jacket on the counter and staring ahead with a sigh, glaring at the back of her head. "What are you doing here?" I asked bluntly. 

She glanced at me over her shoulder before turning down the heat on the stove and facing me completely, pulling on an innocent grin. "Hey." 

"Don't hey me right now, Audrey. What are you doing here?" 

"I was free tonight so I thought we could have dinner together." My eyes narrowed and she rolled her eyes before laughing, "Don't give me that look. I'm being genuine." 

"Which translates to 'I need something', doesn't it?" 

"Maybe," she replied shamelessly. 

"What?" I asked, my patience already wearing thin after the long day I've had. 

"Your presence at dinner tomorrow with Mom and Dad. It's Friday tomorrow and they've asked me to make sure we both make it there for dinner." 

"I have a meeting tomorrow." 

"No, you don't. I checked with your receptionist since she's helping you out for the time being. After you fired your... fifth assistant in the last two weeks? Am I wrong?" 

I resisted a groan. "Meeting or no meeting, I have no time to go out to dinner with my divorced parents. It never ends well anyway." 

"You can go and tell them that yourself, I'm tired of playing messenger," she huffed out.