27| Brothers

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Brothers

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 27: Brothers (Christian's POV)

"This is ridiculous," she grumbled, getting into the elevator with me after taking twenty minutes to successfully lock the door to her apartment because Jules was more than just half asleep. 

"What's ridiculous is you wearing sunglasses at five in the morning," I replied, reaching forward and taking them off. 

She winced and turned her head the other way, closing her eyes. "It's too bright, Christian!" 

"You're not a vampire. Deal with it." I grabbed her arm and turned her to face me before pinching the neckline of her top and hanging her sunglasses there. 

She put them back on immediately before leaning against the wall and sighing dramatically. 

"Shouldn't you be a bit more excited about your brother's wedding?" I questioned, glancing at her. 

"I'm over the moon," she replied dryly. 

I chuckled softly and pushed her sunglasses up to her head, forcing her to meet my gaze. 

"I will fucking strangle you, Christian," she threatened. 

Wordlessly, I pulled the shades back over her eyes. "I like it rough too, Milaya." Once we reached the lobby, I took her suitcase for her and wheeled it out while she dragged herself behind me. "You're slower than a snail," I snickered before taking her hand and jerking her forward. 

She tripped and held onto my arm tightly before whining and putting her head against my arm, walking by my side. "I'm tired." 

"You've done nothing to exhaust yourself recently." 

"You exhaust me," she bit back as we reached my car. 

"I can exhaust you in other ways," I said, opening the trunk. 

"God, it's too early for this," she mumbled, sitting in the passenger seat while I loaded up her luggage. 

Closing the trunk, I got in the driver's seat and started the car, glancing over at her. "Buckle up." 

She merely grumbled, waving a dismissive hand. 

Sighing in annoyance, I leaned over her and grabbed the seatbelt, growing still as she pushed her sunglasses up to her head and stared at me, making my breath hitch. 

"The sun isn't even out yet," she said. 

Ignoring her, I swallowed before clearing my throat and secured her seatbelt before my own. "You can sleep the whole eleven hours and five minutes it takes to get to Greece," I said. 

Folding her arms across her chest, she closed her eyes while I began driving. It had barely been two minutes when she gasped and jumped upright. "My passport!" 

I glanced over at her. "Do you want me to turn the car around?" 

"Wait, it might be in my bag. Pull over."