22| Saved

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Saved

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 22: Saved (Jules's POV)

"Are you hurt?" Christian asked, catching his breath, his chest rising and falling rapidly. 

I couldn't answer him, I couldn't physically bring myself to move or react in any which way. 

"Jules?" 

"He touched me," I rasped out, glancing down at Stefan before fixing the straps of my dress that had slipped down my shoulders, getting caught on my arm. "H-he touched me," I repeated, my eyes meeting Christian's. 

"Cops will be here," he told me calmly just once before grabbing Stefan by the t-shirt, forcing him up to his feet while standing up himself. Pivoting him around, Christian took him by the collar. 

"Get off of me," Stefan grumbled, trying to pry Christian's hands off of him. 

"You touched her?" Christian asked, lifting a brow, anger radiating from him. He was seething and I didn't know why but it didn't surprise me as much as I expected it would. 

"Yeah, I fucking did. What are you gonna—" 

I gasped, my hands flying to my mouth as I shot up to my feet. 

The moment those words poured out of Stefan's mouth, Christian was swinging his fist, knocking him straight in the jaw, making Stefan yelp out in pain. Swiftly, Christian caught the arm Stefan swung at him and held it against Stefan's own neck before backing and throwing him against the wall, pinning him in place until he choked. 

"Christian," I said faintly, so faintly that he couldn't even hear me. 

"If you ever lay so much as a finger on her again, I will cut off that fucking arm and shove it down your throat," Christian warned, his voice low and icy, a deadly yet raging storm in his normally calm eyes. His gaze dropped down to where Stefan struggled to reach into his pocket and within a second, Stefan had a pocket knife in his grasp. 

I watched, absolutely stunned as Christian rolled his eyes before twisting Stefan's arm until he dropped the knife and Christian caught it with one hand, holding Stefan's hand against the wall and bringing the knife up, aiming straight for the hand that held me down. 

"I warned you," Christian scoffed, winding up his arm. 

I didn't think he would do it despite knowing damn well that he could. It wasn't until the blade was heading straight for Stefan's palm that I yelled, "Christian!" 

He didn't stop but he drove that knife into the wall full force and sighed quietly, glancing at me. 

I shook my head slightly, breathing heavily, my heart thudding beneath my chest. 

Stefan chose the wrong moment to scoff in annoyance and Christian's eyes moved from mine to his before he drove that knife straight into Stefan's hand. Stefan shouted, turning his head the other way and my entire body went rigid.